Signature And Sovereign Models

CitizenOllie

They ARE only available through certain stockists and NOT though this website or the Hornby Collector Club...Isn`t this a backward step?Surely this impedes sales growth?Wouldn`t common sense prevail?Maybe if you sold enough we could see Hornby Adverts on the TV instead of those daily depressing life insurance adverts by boring famous people every 5 minutes?

These were released for exclusive model shops to buy and sell only. It is not a backwards step, as it encourages people to buy from model shops that they have never purchased from, or very rarely purchases from. These exclusive train sets and train packs, helps to keep modle shops in business.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

We are all hoping Hornby will recover, and carry on.   Paying for tv adverts, would soon see them out of business.  With the closure of so many model shops, due to folks buying  direct from Hornby, a way needed to be found to encourage those remaining, to stock hornby products,   This way, they   will at least be sure of attracting new customeres,  even if, just for these sets.  .It is a new marketing approach, for sure, and  in my view, to be applauded.

I hate seeing closure of model shops, so by model shops stocking products exclusive to them, encourages sales by the general public

I don't know wh many people directly from Hornby Hobbies, for models. They are sold at the RRP and you can always find the product want at a model shop cheaper. I can understand however, people buying directly from Hornby Hobbies, wanting to be Collector Club member and to buy other memorabilia non-model railway products, such as mugs, pens and pin badges.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)

Hey CitizenOllie - I agree with Jacob (GNR-Gordon-4 (HF) ) I have bought 3 set from WD Models (My Lovely Local Model shop) which are 'Last of the Private Owners' R2930 & 'The Station Pilot' R3789 which are both from the Sovereign Range & also the 'East Linc Special' R1244 from the Signature Range. All 3 set are very good & help to support my local Model shop & I have also found that if I ask him nicely - he will also give me a discount  😀