Crash Barriers & their Clips?

MRevs

Hi folks, can I ask, is anyone else as frustrated with these modern crash barriers & their clips, (C8212), as I am??.....

Due to the size of the clips & the various different track mouldings underneath the tack itself, I'm having real problems getting them on to bends where they can actually be effective? I've tried gluing them. Not much joy. Can you still but the old style ones???......  

Well there are several other options available on the net.

That said , not really convinced of barriers effectiveness while aprons do help on curves.

( The aprons come is 2 colors, the yellow that has a red ridge (( which is also a problem)) and the flat black.

The ridge can be removed but that leaves another obstacle on the track to deal with when sliding on curves.)

Think the barriers are designed for appearance, for those building displays on their track.

In the past have even used HO barriers or slow down more for curves.

There are some pieces of track that actually need aprons such as rad 1 hairpin curves due to the wheelbase of some cars and the swing radius of the guide.

I actually love the C8212 set.

I use them where I can't fit an actual border for the cars to slide out of. You can also put the clip on so that the guardrail is about 4-5 mm away from the track.

You can also use them with any of the silver guardrails.

I have never had problems fitting them to curves.

It does help for the track to be on a flat, hard surface.

Some user use "BluTak" or similar removable adhesives to hold them in place or very small screws for a more permanent solution.