Quality issues

Donstorioni

Hi

The last two Hornby locomotives I purchased I’ve had to return.

My Stepney Terrier had blobs of black paint on the boiler, couldn’t source a replacement as all my regular suppliers had sold out.

Latest purchase R3661 early class 31, no detail pack. This is a model of the first 20 pilot version of the class without a roof headcode so the detail pack included all the white circular discs that are placed in front of the LED lights. The suppler has been really helpful and has even contacted Hornby to source a replacement pack; however, Hornby have not responded. So two out of two, I have returned the Class 31 and I don’t suppose I’ll be lucky enough to find a replacement. Really fed up with Hornby right now.

Bure Valley Models are really good bought 2 locos off them, not only very cheap but you are helping a preserved railway. They also came very quickly.

Hornby are also very slow at responding to anything, I have waited up to a week and that was before the virus, compared to its main competitor usually within a day.

And I pointed you in the direction of where either you or your original supplier could have obtained the detailing pack.  Let's hope the second loco you have now been advised of comes with the pack as its availability as a separate item may now have dried up.