Newbie advice required

Hello everyone, old man returning to Scalextric. Last Used Scalextric in 1968. I have just bought a digital set up for my grandson. Everything ok up to now, managed to programme each car for each controller. I have bought the kit secondhand as I'm not sure my grandson will take to it. Finally to my question, the two cars that came with it work great. The police range rover struggles to gain traction sometimes on the track, has anyone come across this as well, it looks to me that it could do with some weight over the wheels?? 

Glad to see you got through the startup procedure.

All scaly cars now come with magnets.

A used car could have the magnet removed for those who preferr to use lead for handling.

Then we come to how good are the rear tires , as age hardens them.

More tire traction is achieved by using silicone (deposits ) or urethane (cleans track) tires.

You will need to check lists at different vendors or serch for the specific toy review for suggested sizes and brands.

In the old world start with pendle and new world 132slotcar.us , professor motor,  and electric dreams.

Of course they may not have them in stock and offer alternatives , but you will figure it out.

However digital has other needs to reduce damaging the chip by straining the motor.

Avoid adding more magnets and excessive weight to a digital car with a scaly chip (what you currently own , but they are getting stronger , while  slotit does make the best for upgraded motors and magnets) .

As a reminder , for future growth,  it always helps to have a second power pack if the power base allows it.

• 2 weeks later...