Can I run it on the ceiling

Chunk64

Hi

this my sound mad but a dear friend of mine has a son who is pretty much confined to bed but he loves racing cars. I was thinking of building him a track and screwing it to his ceiling. Is this possbile are the magnets strong enough?  

With enough magnet and motor power you can do anything but,

we use to test cars for magnet strength by seeing what incline they could handle.

Any car that could stick to track upside down was banned because removal from would lift the track thus causing problems with  conductivity.

Believe it was Lionel that brought out cars in the early 60s, that had a T underneath to pin the car on the track, so they could run around the choo choo tracks.

Lionel was bought out by Neil Young a long while back so story goes for his physicly challanged children to use.

At his train/rock show , saw trains with cameras inside so movement and also control was on screen there or thousands of miles away.

A simple button switch for on and off was developed and slots have had histoy of similar control with battery powered sets and even revell in 60s as a optional handcontroller , which had bought to try  and sold because it was crap.

Woud suggest if only head of bed can be raised , you build a table that could be slid over bed.

If he must remain flat , perhaps top end of bed itself be raised for sight.

If controls are a problem too,  will need on and off switch.

And if all else fails, buy a video game system that can be used in bed.

With enough magnet and motor power you can do anything but,

we use to test cars for magnet strength by seeing what incline they could handle.

Any car that could stick to track upside down was banned because removal from would lift the track thus causing problems with  conductivity.

Believe it was Lionel that brought out cars in the early 60s, that had a T underneath to pin the car on the track, so they could run around the choo choo tracks.

Lionel was bought out by Neil Young a long while back so story goes for his physicly challanged children to use.

At his train/rock show , saw trains with cameras inside so movement and also control was on screen there or thousands of miles away.

A simple button switch for on and off was developed and slots have had histoy of similar control with battery powered sets and even revell in 60s as a optional handcontroller , which had bought to try  and sold because it was junk.

Would suggest if only head of bed can be raised , you build a table that could be slid over bed.

If he must remain flat , perhaps top end of bed itself be raised for sight.

If controls are a problem too,  will need on and off switch.

And if all else fails, buy a video game system that he can use in bed

I know some Tyco cars have such strong magnets that they could stick upside down. The problem is if the go too fast or hit something they will fall off.

You would hae to add massive magnetic force to keep them falling down.

As gorp said: If he can at least be propped up a bit it would be better, especially if he can move his arms so he can put cars back on the track.