C8545 Powerbase removal

WoodyzR

Hi All

I have a 584mm straight with the C8545 powerbase attatched which I no longer need the powerbase for as I have ARC Pro.

Is it possible to remove the powerbase from the track without doing any damage, so I can just use the track as a standard straight? If so can someone give me a brief guide.

Thanks in advace. 

Well should be easy enough to pry off base and cut track wires.

Just disconnecting the wire under the track should be enough and you could then reverse it.

But should you.

Real answer depends on which version of arc pro you own.

You should go over to slotracer.online to check missing arc manual where you can find out about different versions.

The original had problems with analog and digital and best solution was the riko mod at slot forum which made it a great digital only powerbase and then you would swap in an analog base if required.

So read the manual and check your arc pro version first.

However 584 is equal to full straight plus 3 shorts , so you probably need it to balance out your track, so understand your reasoning to salvage it.

Thanks for the reply. I bought the ARC Pro as a stand-alone unit in Dec 19, as opposed to it coming with a set.

Will go and have a browse as suggested. I havent had any issues with my ARC Pro, I only run digital though.

Thanks again

I see this is the newer powerbase. I personally have not "de powered" this one but I reckon it is a matter of unscrewing the base and detaching the power from the rails.

I am guessing the rails are stamped so you will have to snip or wiggle them.

That should be it.

There is really nothing you could do wrong except render the piece incapable of being used as a spare piece of track which would require you dropping it on the highway at 60 MPH and letting an 18 wheeler run it over . :-)