Changing acceleration level

philandsue

Can you read the decoder address with your Elite - this will prove the programming dide is working.

You can change accel value either in the menu for accel or by writing directly to CV 3. If this doesn’t work ...

Reset the decoder by writing value 8 to CV8 (most decoder makes). This will put accel and decell back to value 5 and also address will be given value 03.

As you have an Elite. You can 'factory reset' the decoder and start again. How to 'factory reset' a decoder using the Elite controller was documented yesterday in another thread.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/decoder-reset-using-the-elite/?p=1

Unable to make the link clickable at present due to the forum BUG. Copy and Paste the URL text manually into your browser.

EDIT: Rob beat me to the draw. You can also use the basic CV writing technique described in my linked thread above to write the value you want directly to CV3 as Rob suggests.

I never cease to be amazed how many posters have led us down the garden path of confusing Elite with Select and eLink.

In future my first response will be - post a photo of it, or how many knobs does it have.

• 4 weeks later...

I have now received my SELECT controller back from Hornby having had the firmware updated. Maude now runs fine - address 03. The 0-6-0 loco that I originally had as 03 now runs as 01. This loco was the one i set up an acceleration value for which now seems to be very slow. Am I correct in thinkibng I can change this but must use a CV address - which was not available, so not any experience yet, on my original select version.

Thanks for your help

You can change the accel level using your updated Select either via the normal menu method or via a direct input value to CV3. Please see the v1.5 manual and v1.6 addendum downloadable from the  main site Downloads area. Simply resetting the decoder will apply a default accel level of value 5.