Small DCC Decoder for Wainwright H Class

joe_holmes1

Hi All

I have the Wainwright H Class loco to which I am trying to fit a decoder, (No sound.).

I have tried one from Hornby and another from Gaugemaster.

The loco works well with both decoders but I am finding it impossible to refit the body to the chassis.

Does anyone know of a slim line decoder, that does not have a harness attached, that would be suitable ?

I have searched around but all the ones I find have the harness, which is what is causing the problem.

I would be grateful for any information.

Thank You

I managed to get the Hornby one to fit - if you look inside the body of the loco the side tanks have spaces inside them.

I managed to curve the wires around the socket and then gently feed the body back on while easing the decoder into the side tank - definitely a tight fit

You have just reminded me that I do need to check that none of the wires are resting on the tops of the wheels

Thank you to both of you for the assistance.

Howbinman:  I tried wrapping the wires around as much as I could but there was never enough room to get the body shell to locate properly.

5Dublo2:   Thanks to your suggestion, I have managed to get the decoder fitted and everything is working fine.

I am surprised that there is so much difficulty in trying to fit a decoder into this new model !!

But all has ended well.

Thank you again for your assistance.  😆