Screen Default [RM start-up option??]

Guest Chrissaf

I have e-link with Pro pack and would like to set the start up default to full screen track plan,

i.e. top menu and bottom logo hidden.

Currently this is a manual function, but is this an option that can be added to the .ini file?

Appreciate any help, thanks

Martin

There is nothing in the documented RM manual that indicates that this is possible. There are two lines in the manual that are relevant to your question - see extract below.

/media/tinymce_upload/5f056de436c9b9238abfefe7928d1c3c.jpg

The top highlight is the only reference to an option relating to the startup screen within Propack. The second highlight states that there are further undocumented optional features.

Now it may be that your requirement is possibly an 'undocumented feature'.

I suggest your best approach is to ask your question directly to HRMS [support@rail-master.com] and then report back their reply for the benefit of other forum members.

Hi Chris/RAF

I've had feedback from RM support team -

"Dear Martin We will add this function to the INI file, as it sounds like a good idea. Regards

RailMaster Support"

Meanwhile I have asked if I can do this manually by adding the appropraite text to the .ini file, awaiting response.

You can’t do it on an iPad but I was wondering if on a PC having set the top and bottom margins you then right clicked to view the associated source code from the context menu and transcribed that variable trigger phrase into the ini file - say the variable was set.margin.out=1. That obviously isn’t the correct code but it should be something like that.

RDS says the RM hasn’t been programmed yet to respond to the ini file, but it does responds to the set margin action on screen so it may be possible to invoke that from the ini file. If RM couldn’t find the phrase it obviously couldn’t action it. Any C+ programmers out there who could comment if I am on the right track or talking cobblers.

If trying this at home take a backup of your ini file before adding lines as above.

Rob, I may be wrong, but are you not thinking of the 'right click, view source code' option that you have with a browser. I don't think that RM being an application has the same feature. But I'll be honest ... I haven't fired up RM to try it.