Scotsman doesn’t like sharing !

Scubaphot

Iv got a factory fitted TTS flying Scotsman that runs fine on its own sounds fine etc, but when I run other engines at the same time after a few circuits it just stops and I have to restart the system to get it to play again ! I'm running all with an elite , reset decoders, reassigned address etc ! No joy yet ! Any ideas ? 

This is a 'long shot' suggestion. But what is the history of your layout.

Did it used to be a DC Analogue layout that was upgraded to DCC. Are you using R602, R8206 or R8201 track products on your layout. These three track products contain Analogue suppression capacitors in them. If these capacitors are left in circuit, then it has been proven that they can affect DCC loco operation for which the TTS locos are particularly prone to being affected. The capacitor distorts the DCC signal, which the TTS decoder then misinterprets. Very odd things can then be observed.

This suggestion may be completely 'off target', but worth considering and checking, if only to eliminate it from being a possible cause of your issue. Open up the track power connectors and look for the presence of a capacitor and remove any that are found.

/media/tinymce_upload/395d61057897a8d31edfbea35727e864.jpg

You say you have to restart the system. Are you saying you have to power down the Elite and reboot it. Is this purely to regain control of the FS or of all locos. i.e. when the FS stops can you still control the others or not.

How many locos are on track when this happens and what addresses are each on. Just a list of addresses with the FS address highlighted, no need to list the individual locos or decoder types at this stage.

Does it happen all the time or only when a certain ‘other’ loco is present on track. If just that one what is the address along with its details, make, model, decoder,etc.

Perform the modification on ANY & ALL R602s as per the image in my earlier reply and you should see an immediate improvement. Direct wire to rail soldering is definitely the way to go with DCC.

The capacitors will also be shunting some of your controller current output, meaning that there is less current available for controlling locos, so really do need removing ASAP.

I know I said it was a 'long shot' suggestion, but I am not at all suprised to find it was a 'spot on' diagnosis. The symptoms that you observed were classic 'capacitor' issues.