Fitting DCC Decoder to new Rocket - and type

Guest Chrissaf

@eddturner168

Your post has been hidden as you are not allowed to post your email address on the forum. You must change your username in your profile before posting again. I suggest you keep just the first part and ditch the @.... bit.

I see you have over 60 posts so I am surprised we haven’t pointed this out before now, unless you have recently changed it in which case you will have to ask site Admin to change it for you, as you only get one chance to do it yourself.

The content of your initial post is repeated here to allow folk to reply to your question...

Managed to buy a rocket, which chip do I need and is it hard to put in

The decoder fits in the wooden barrel which clips open. You need a 6 pin one, but one that is on a lead as that is the only way it will fit, it sort of folds into the barrel. Do not buy the one that is a PCB with pins soldered to the circuit board. I used a Zimo one, that came with a 6 pin plug, I think it was an MX617. There is a post on this forum all about it.

I think you will find Fishmanoz that unless you get the exact search details correct, the search engine on this site quite often fails to always find previous threads, hence why people start new ones. Anyway, I think loading of the decoder comes with the instructions for the rocket.

@colinb

As Fishy says less is more when using the forum search facility.

‘Rocket’ will get you hits.

‘How do I fit a decoder to my Rocket’ which will likely strike out blank.

A simple way as pointed out many times by Chris is to ask the wider question of Google and pick the Hornby forum hits that are returned.

It's quicker to just ask as the OP did.

That's what a forum is for.

Kev.

A forum is a place to help folk help themselves, not to encourage them to be lazy and get other folk to look for them. That sort of behaviour will get you a bad rep where when you ask for help no-one will bother to reply to your posts. That will be the one time when you really need the forum.

• 1 month later...