Tornado tender short

peo

I know this has been discussed before but i am in need of some advice please.

The loco Tornado Blue with tender picups dcc & sound model has not had a lot of use but after a few months of no use i am finding that as soon as put on the track it couses a short and the controller starts to flash DCC also gives off a high pitch sound i have separated the loco from the tender and put it on one side but it still does the same with just the tender on the track. I have taken the tender apart to look for any thing obvious but found nothing. . I put all the wheel sets on the track and they are fine ( I dont understand why the metal wheel set does not short out but thats another story)  Last week i got out my Scotsman loco with the same tender pickup and thats doing exactly the same thing so im a bit fedup I think they are about 3 or 4 years old not ued much .All my other loco,s are ok .  Can some one help or repare them for me please

Whilst you wait for a reply, perhaps you would spend a few minutes reviewing the TIPs in the TIP page link below:

TIP: As a newbie poster on the forum, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

@om river

I have removed your post completely because you have just clicked the blue square at the end of the previous post, without adding any of your own text.

If you want to post, please scroll completely to the bottom of the page and type your reply in the white area, before clicking the GREEN Reply button