Upgrade ArcONe

itsmehere

HI Jeff,

The only way to get wireless controllers is to buy an ARC AIR or ARC PRO powerbase.

See here:

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/sets/app-race-control-arc.html

If you only want to race 2 cars at a time ARC AIR will suffice.

You can use the app the adjust the power of the cars and how they behave.

Hi Andy, thanks very much for that, it looks like we need the ARC AIR then, excellent

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve upgrade to Arc Air and very satisfied with the results. My question is if I add Extension Pack1 (curve section with lane cross switching) will this affect the lap counting ability?  I‘m  thinking it will.  My goal to adding Pack 1 is to get car/driver equal time on outside and inside lane In two laps.  Any recommendation to accommodate what I‘m trying to do?

I'm way late here. But it's have said get ArcPRO. It has all of what Arc Air does And is more toward the future. Your lane switching is just one step away from going digital. ARC PRO will let you run as you do and later you can flip a switch to go digital . Flip them switch back and your analog. Just something to think about in case you can return the arc air.

You must use the curved "cross overs" (C8203)  in pairs.

If you do not the system will not work as it will all be one lane. YOu can in theory use single lane pieces on TOP of one of the lanes but you can only race 1 car at a time.

For what you want to do DaveSlots the easiest thing is have each driver drive each lane in turns and add the times up!

Digital racing is great but it is a bigger investment. You need chips in each car and digtial lane changers (as well as a digital powerbase like ARC PRO) but it is great fun!

@DonnyRailMan,

Me too Donny,

I have a modest 8ft x 4ft Hornby layout one end of my shed, the Scalextric the other end (same size).

I gave up on DCC and went back to DC for my locos. Using a Gaugemaster dual with braking. coasting simulation now.

I'm finding the cars way more challenging to chip than the locos. Unless they are digital plug ready. These cars are easily damaged fitting the decoder,

Probably my sausage fingers !

Kev.

With the retro chip you can lengthen the wires to move the chip around.

The only non-negotioable part is the LED within 10 mm of the tail of the guide blade. The rest can go wherever you want.

There is a "chipping database" on SlotForum where people have chipped nearly every car out there...