RailMaster 1.74 version released.

Guest Chrissaf

Straight from the horse's mouth, posted earlier in another thread.

/media/tinymce_upload/ceb882d9e6f85fabf6c44ed5c90b2bbe.jpg

Release notes extract:

/media/tinymce_upload/81ec13edc814d1a5a17fff29be5312ed.jpg

Any one downloaded it yet, and if so, is it working ok.

Might give it a go this morning John, but unless one has kept a full list of these bugs then its a memory test if they have been fixed or not.

I would like to be able to report full incorporation of the Train-Tech sensor signals, which have been in hand at RM for some considerable time apparently along with the smart screen, according to the product owner.

Maybe if folk could report back if their pet bug has been fixed that would help. Also flag up any new bugs if found.

Just for clarification,

The new 1.74 RailMaster installer, installs an updated 1.74 version RailMaster 'user guide' manual. The .INI file section in this revised manual includes a reference to this new added feature, but states that it is only invokable on the RailMaster PRO version.

Loaded it earlier and nothing untoward so far.

Still no sign of the T-T sensor signals or smart screen - not even sure where the smart screen would go In RM if incorporated.

My points and locos still work which is the main thing and it didn’t mess up my controller settings, so thankful for small mercies.

There are some odd demo programs in there which I can’t recall from before.

Downloaded and installed ok and tried "Expand plan=1" in the INI file. It seems to work ok as described in the guide. Of course, when the screen is enlarged, the usual buttons at the top are absent, so to close down Railmaster, the quickest way is to use the Windows 'X' button at the top right of the screen.

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

This morning the RailMaster 1.74.0 installer / updater on the download link at the top of the RailMaster forum has been updated to version 1.74.1

If HRMS are true to their word, then this 1.74.1 version should trigger the 'auto-detect update' process. Auto update might or might not be triggered for those who have previously manually updated to version 1.74.0

I haven't checked yet to see if R8247 revision 2 accessory decoders have been added to this new RM version release.

Indeed it does show as RM 1.74 version 1 upon hover over, but the release notes are still dated 31/12/2020 and there was no auto-update flagged on my machine, nor has R8247 Rev 2 been incorporated. In fact I can see no difference at all apart from the revision hover over.

Ok.  Further to my last entry:  Faced with the nightmare prospect of re-timing all my programs, some of which are almost 1 hour long, and numerous 15 - 30 minute long, I formulated two work-arounds.  1.  Delete all commands demanding a sound effect.  2. Revert to version 1.72.  Deciding the latter was preferable I have now reverted to 1.72 and behold - all sounds once again operate as designed and timings have regained their accuracy.  HUGE sigh of relief.  I will inform hornby of the glitch on Monday via their tech help site, although I presume I am not the first to experience this phenomenon.

For the last couple of hours I have been trying to reproduce your symptoms, firstly with v1.74.0 then with v1.74.1, but without success. May I ask whether you're using latching functions (those with on/off in their descriptions, or spot functions or a mixture of both?

Ray

I have some timed sound demo programs filed so I will give them a try today and report back.

RM default is a double send of functions to switch them on, then off again. This is to counter the toggle effect Ray speaks to. I wonder if you have a setting awry somewhere FG.

Morning both.  It is happening with a variety of locos (steam & diesel) and both latched and instant function sounds.  When it occurs, there is usually a 1 to 2 second gap betwen the sound activating and then repeating.  The additional time period then seems to accumulate along with later sound commands so that all programmed events with the affected loco become delayed to the point where the whole scenario becomes corrupt.  I do have the "Double pulse" setting selected (1) in the .ini file to counter "missed" commands which I had lots of trouble with, reported in a previous post.  I will be experimenting later as I now have 1.72 on one laptop and 1.74 on another so am able to compare.  For now I am just so relieved at regaining normal running by reverting to 1.72 after an initial period of "panic".  I slept a happy bunny!!

No problems with double sounds when I run my TTS demo programs, but I tried to record another program where I just step through a TTS loco function list one by one to give better clarity of any double pops and it presents me with a blank screen when I press the record button again and it asks if I want to view the recorded steps - the stage before you can save it with a name.

I have just reported this in.

I would also like to be able to copy a previous program amend it for step timing and loco ID, etc and then save as another name, but I cannot see any faciltiy to do that - non-Pro version on this machine. Is this possible?

I have now set up my second laptop which is also 1.74 (v.0) and the same occurs - double sound operation.  I have compared control panel setting and .ini file settings on this laptop and my main laptop which is now reverted to 1.72 - Settings are identical.  Sticking with 1.72 for now pending news from Hornby Tech Services.  I hope we will have the option to not auto-update when it is introduced.

I would also like to be able to copy a previous program amend it for step timing and loco ID, etc and then save as another name, but I cannot see any faciltiy to do that - non-Pro version on this machine. Is this possible?

You should be able to load the "previous" program into the Program Editor, then before making any changes, change the name of the program in the dropdown box at the top to the new name, then click the green tick to save it as the new name. Then carry out the changes you want to this new version.

Ray

...but I tried to record another program where I just step through a TTS loco function list one by one to give better clarity of any double pops and it presents me with a blank screen when I press the record button again and it asks if I want to view the recorded steps - the stage before you can save it with a name.

I have just reported this in.

Oops - finger trouble. I was operating direct from the Elite instead of pressing screen button in RM. Humble pie time.

@Kevin

Computers were just coming into general use in the 80’s. It was early 90’s before we had reasonable access to the internet. This sort of thing wasn’t even around then - it was space invaders or ping-pong.

Why do people bother - probably because it is actually very good at doing what it does - when it is set up correctly, especially given it was designed around XP. It is a fraction the price of similar commercial applications, just as capable and the graphics are typical of the breed. All it really needs is Loco Detection to make It on par with anything else out there.

It cannot be compared to a sim-game graphical interface, but what would you like it to look like. Post a screen shot of your perceived improved modern image.

From your post above it gives me the impression you are not an RM user, so your opinion (paraphrasing your own words) is based on hearsay not fact. As an analogy all Fords are rubbish, so I’ve heard, although I never owned one.