NEM couplers

mal

Hi I just wondered if anyone is having a problem getting nem couplers particularly with the little holder with the triangular name. I dont find them the most robust couplers and I am now struggling to get the little holder bit. (the correct name will not come to mind). I have searched the web but all out of stock and I even got some from the USA that are made on a digital printer but they are slightly smaller than the receiving hole so would need gluing in which I would like to avoid. I have had some of order from one model shop for getting on for a year now.

I would have thought such an important spare would be readily available from Hornby at least.

Any ideas anyone please

Malcolm

The part with the triangular bit is called a 'NEM Pocket'. The Hornby version is X6354 [without the tension lock] or X9289 [with the tension lock].

As you say, 'out of stock' everywhere with no documented availability date I can find. I did find an eBay 'auction' bid that is still running, the current bid being over £6 plus £1.53 P&P.

All you can do is be calm and wait for new batches to be made. If you ring Hornby and quote the part numbers above, they might be able to give you some feedback as to whether new stocks have been put in a manufacturing schedule in China.

Chrissaf Thanks very much. You would think that such an essential piece of kit would be made in their thousands and supply would not be a problem. I think Hornby and others need to get their priorities right when it comes to these things. No good having stock you cannot use. Still not the first time I have had to be calm and wait stay safe and keep up the good work Malcolm

Hi Brew Thanks for that and I have now ordered 2 packs although to pay a £1 each for those pockets is over the top . But as cannot get them you have to swallow your discontent and buy. Shows the value of many eyes looking as I not seem them despite by searches thanks again and stay safe Malcolm

I suspect that those ones are still available because the seller did not list the official part numbers, thus anybody searching on 'part number' would not find the listing.

In undertaking a search for alternatives myself, I noticed ekmexhibitions are still offering the Bachmann version in packs of 4 for £2.00 but I do not know what the minimum order requirement is nor the postage charge. The pack does not carry an official part number but has been allocated 36-090.

I find it amazing that Hornby haven't got them as spare parts, but then there are a lot of things about Hornby I find amazing. I have dealt with ekmexhibitions, I think they are what is left of East Kent Models, they sell quite a lot of Bachmann and Hornby spare parts. Seems to be a decent firm to deal with, I recently bought a brand new split chassis Bachmann motor off them.

Hi All Thanks very much for all the valuable information. I have ordered some more from ekmexhibitions having already ordered some from ebay. A lot cheaper at ekm and hopefully quicker delivery. Think the ebay ones are coming from China. Not due until 12th March. regards to you all and keep safe.