1:72nd Scale Bristol Beaufort Mk.I

T2B

The much anticipated Airfix Bristol Beaufort kit is here. I've been eagerly awaiting its arrival just like many other modellers and fortunately I had a clear space on my modelling bench so i could start building it straight away. The box is open and full of lovely plastic, more images of the build will follow very soon!

forum_image_6052a1a226cf6.thumb.png.4d2eee2ce86859c45f363eadb26ff835.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got mine this morning, and I agreed with the comments above, very detailed, but missing 3/4 of the crew!

The plastic parts look great, the instructions for the bomb doors do seem a little confused, and will need some careful study before attempting. There are extra parts included for a different style gun turret, which isn't in the instructions, so looks like we can expect at least one other version to come out. There are also alternate parts for the flaps as well, with or without strengthening plates, but they go with the two options in the box.

Looking forward to starting this one, then I will have the full set of Bristols from Airfix (Blenheim, Beaufort and Beaufighter).

Yes PMM it's a good kit but at least 1 pilot is included. And bomb bay doors are 1 whole item (useful for masking bomb bay during spraying) and suggest a further release with bombs rather than a torpedo)? As with the Blenheim & Whitley kits they need cutting along the panel lines for use on this kit, omitting the central 2 doors!

Have been trying to upload images of my progress but no joy so far 😕!

Sorry Ratch, wasn't directed at you or the moderators. Was aimed at the technology not uploading my images and then the link timing out and getting the error message etc etc. Once I get the message to say my post has been saved I'm happy!!

Thanks Hugh.

And my significant other has had me decorating too and work commitments have restricted my modelling time lately so not much done to report, but I hope to get some progress made tonight so I can post something?

Does anyone know where there might be a full view of the Beaufort's instruction sheet? As it might be a couple more months before I can get a kit, it would be nice to familiarize myself with the construction sequence.

Chris

Chris do not put your personal information on the board, it is not permitted.

Instructions are here Airfix 1/72 Bristol Beaufort MkI (A04021) - - The Airfix Tribute Forum - (tapatalk.com)

Does anyone know where there might be a full view of the Beaufort's instruction sheet? As it might be a couple more months before I can get a kit, it would be nice to familiarize myself with the construction sequence.

Chris
Chris do not put your personal information on the board, it is not permitted.
Instructions are here Airfix 1/72 Bristol Beaufort MkI (A04021) - - The Airfix Tribute Forum - (tapatalk.com)

Thanks Ratch! I forgot to look there. Ain't gettin' old a proper female dog!

Chris

Progress on the build so far. The airframe is as good as done, engines fitted. Crew painted and fitted with a scratch paper map. Canopies masked and secured in place, I think paint will be up next?

Been trying to upload some images to show of the progress for 2 days but keep getting the Aw Snap Something Went Wrong error message as the link drops out. It's either my phone app, or more likely the Airfix Website still having severe teething troubles!(