TTS Vent van (and GM Prodigy Advance controller)

Zapper

Hi

I've just upgraded my select controller to a gaugemaster prodigy advanced and can’t work out what’s going on with my TTS vent van. The first 4 sounds on the list work fine but can’t get any of the others to work. What’s going on. The walk around controller should mean you just press the number buttons and all the sounds work perfectly. Press numbers 5 and upwards and nothing ???

Moderator Note: Title amended to aid future searches.

Reset the new controller and go through the user manual again in case you missed something.

It may be the functions are latching on and hogging the VV channels. Did you hear the telephone bell ring to warn of third sound in use.

Just to clarify what Rob has written.

Different DCC controllers operate in different ways. Some controllers require you to send the Function command twice. Once to switch it on and again to switch it off. This is termed 'Latching'. Some other controllers automatically send the second 'off' command after a preset time and you have to use a slightly different button pressing technique to force the 'latching' action.

Your Prodigy may be a 'latching' controller. If any of the first four sounds are supposed to be 'play once' then you may have to manually send a function off command first from the Prodigy for those sounds before you can access 5 and above. Just a thought for you to try.

Hi

The PA2 is exactly as Chrissaf describes. It uses mainly Latching outputs for most Functions. if I recall correctly F2 is not latching and is frequently used for Horn or Loco whistle sounds where a Press to play and release will allow a second immediate play when the F2 button is repressed. The rest latch.

So for example if F5 is say a Guards whistle you press the F5 and F5 shows on the display the whistle will sound and then stop. Pressing F5 again turns Off that sound function (it does not make the sound play again!) the display will then no longer show F5. But pressing F5 a third time will again play the whistle sound and then F5 needs cancelling by pressing it again.