OO Gauge A4

Ammie-1229791

Good Evening All,

I hope this OK to post!

My husband is a huge train fan- model and real!

A few years ago I purchased a random oo gauge A4 for him, I think it was Mallard, he loves Sir Nigel Gresley and had a Bittern as a child. With a lot of effort I was able to purchase all the Big 6 for him, I have also purchased random ones others.

I was wondering how many colours there were? I was hoping to purchase one in a colour we don't already have- I'd be happy to make a list on the ones we have,if it means someone could advise!

I think he has one in each colour now (some colours multiple times!), with Christmas approaching I wanted to purchase another but I'm not sure. He mentioned there being a BR blue, I know we have garter blue and LNER Blue, we also had a conversation about apple green. Its difficult because my train knowledge is small and I don't want him to guess what I'm up too!

Thank you so much in advance for any help!

@Ammie

Of course it is alright to post and hopefully someone will be along shortly to answer your question.

In the meantime:

Moderator Note:

Could you please select the 'View my Community’ in your Dashboard on the Forum and choose a nickname in the ‘My profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. Hopefully a Forum change is coming soon to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name.

Another option you may like to consider is R3771 which is Bittern as preserved in its LNER garter blue livery and coupled to two tenders (the second tender being an additional water carrier for running long distances on the main line where traditional water-replenishment facilities no longer exist), as now in store within the 1:1 Collection in part of the old Tri-ang/Hornby factory at Margate.

Hi Ammie, according to Ramsey guide there are in fact 7 different colours/liveries. According to the book, A4 early livery BRa, is experimental blue/purple, later BRb is Express Blue.

Will take photos in daylight tomorrow to show any differences.

If you advise which A4s you have will advise which may be of interest to you.

Regards