Hush Hush 10000 British Enterprise

Grahame-784940

Delivered 3 days ago by Hermes. Trying to access their App online to discover expected delivery day & time slot was not as easy as expected. Parcel delivered while I was not at home and left by front door. Unfortunately on opening the parcel carefully this evening, on checking the locomotive, both smoke deflectors are cracked & need to be repaired. I will contact Hornby customer service department tomorrow morning to discuss how to proceed. Disappointed to ay the least.

Checked reviews online, all feedback positive on this fine and unique locomotive.

Morning Grahame.

There are many similar stories of direct-ordered 10000's being received with the original packaging inside a large box, without additional cushioning, thus a ping-pong ball inside when transported, and the deflectors and tender bulkhead being cracked / damaged.

Was this ordered direct from Hornby?

If via an agents / shop, contact them first, if Hornby, then obviously them.

Sorry for you. It's a lot of money for a fantastic model, which somebody somewhere hasn't thought through regarding packaging.

Al.

Perhaps a Mod will consider moving this thread to the longer running thread on the Hush Hush.

Mod note - we no longer have the facility to move individual posts onto another thread without a laborious copy and paste by proxy routine, which is less than satisfactory. We can move whole topics into a different section or retitle them but not tag them onto the end of an existing thread.

I thought I would get mine out again to double check there was no damage and notice one of the front steps had got knocked off putting it back in the packing. I glued it back on, these thing are so delicate. Looking at mine the deflectors look to be part of the body, so does that mean if they are cracked, you need to change the body?

All these delicate details adds fuel to the request for an easy method of chipping locos from an external slot or hatch.

One make has a slide in decoder board behind the smoke box door and click in place additional speaker mounts, but even those ideas are fraught with problems like poor contact to contact connections, etc.

I agree with you 96RAF there has got to be an easier way to fit DCC. Another issue is that quite often even though you take out the screws and pull forward or back the tender top doesn't always release. I don't know if the printing is tacky when they put it together but it is like it held on by glue. On Merchant Navy locos the water control handle pings off. I have got to admit this one was one of the easier ones I have had to fit. I can't see Hornby changing though, I get the opinion that they are more interested in the detail rather than the practicality.

Sounds like that could be a very expensive packing mistake on Hornby's part. From previous posts I remember reading Hornby don't make spare bodies, so be interesting what their solution is.