Hornby R.2669 with DCC fitted don't run on DC Test Track

Deem

Hello

I have another question for you all, hope some body could help me.

My second hand Class 08 Shunter with running number 08513, its been fitted with 6 Pin Decoder which by the looks of installed by some individual. I tried that Loco with Bachmann Dynamis Ulitma few weeks back and it ran erratically, so I cleaned the wheel, cleaned the track, lubricated the wheels and still didn't run smoothly. Today I tried on DC straight length of track and loco is not moving either direction.

I checked the wheels again and notice that wheels finish is worn off, do I need to replace the wheel set or do i need to clean with something else.

forum_image_61d62e32f398c.thumb.png.bb205e61f61f60690b4c0efc997fb640.png

forum_image_61d62e3b3125c.thumb.png.1be051a4ffb18a83f0f2debbe678b346.png

forum_image_61d62e433ceee.thumb.png.8c7da1415fb9c831e1e1cff97e14c385.png

Towards the end of last year I wanted a loco that was only available as "TTS", with dcc decoder and sound system, but I run on DC. , and asked the reputable retailer, who offers all sorts of custom jobs, if he could program the loco to run on DC. He advised that this could not be reliably done, and suggested that it be removed, which is what he did, taking out the decoder, and all sound.

Are you sure it is not the decoder? There have been lots of posts about erratic behaviour with Bachmann decoders. I have a couple that I removed because they didn't run very well. Replaced them with an equivalent Zimo decoder and they work perfectly. Not saying this is the only reason but it is not always the loco.

Are you sure it is not the decoder?

I tried it with Bachmann Dynamis Ultima today, I can read and write on Decoder using controller but Loco won't move either direction.

While I had the loco on track I could smell burning smell very faint but it's there. Am I to assume decoder is faulty which is stopping the loco to move at all.

Should I disconnect the decoder and run on DC to check if it's working or not?

Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Sounds very similar to my experience with a Bachmann decoder, erratic behaviour then puff it bursts into smoke. Just in case you had better check that you don't have a short between pickups and motor, that kills decoders. What I would do is take the body off, put in a 6 pin DC header ( guy on EBay does them) then try it on DC. Once you are happy put another DCC decoder in.