Cleaning scenery

Tomwilliams123

Hi all,

I have been doing some work on my layout today, and have been wondering how to clear the dust that has built up over time, I can't find anything online that will help, I have a Dapol track cleaner that does the tracks well.

I've been looking at a blower for airbeds which could be a possible solution, but wasn't sure wether this would be a viable solution due to the strong air on the details.

Just wondered how other people have solved this problem.

Tom

I use a ladies blusher brush. It is very soft, but also very full in terms of number of bristles. The bristles are typically crimped into a fan shape. It does an effective task of moving the dust into the air to be captured** up by a vacuum, whilst at the same time applying minimal pressure to the item being cleaned. And since the dust is being vacuum captured** up in the free air, there is minimal danger of the item that is being cleaned being captured** up as well.

Note ** The word "captured" is a substitute word as the word I tried to use triggered the profanity filter. Opposite of "blowed".

Hi all,

I have purchased one of the little Hoover's that Mike suggested just now and should have it by Friday, I have also bought a ladies make up brush (quite an embarrassing experience) to get the dust moved. I did look at one of those battery powered blowers but it cost more for the batteries than the actual blower.

Tom