Help for a novice [Ruby DCC93 decoder issue]

John-355919

Hi I am a real novice to model railways so any advice would be appreciated. I have a Hornby Arnold N guage Brighton Belle 2 car set with a Ruby DCC93 6 pin decoder installed and the performance is very disappointing with very crude accelerating and breaking compared to my Graham Farish Highlander which is very smooth.

Is it the quality of the decoder or the way the decoder is set or is this normal for this engine?

@John

Could you please select the 'View my Community’ in your Dashboard on the Forum and choose a nickname in the ‘My profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. Hopefully a Forum change is coming soon to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

Might I make a suggestion about thread titles to improve your replies in future.

Telling us you are a novice and need help tells us nothing about your problem. My title would have been “Performance of Ruby DCC93 Decoder in Arnold N Gauge Brighton Belle”.

With that title, people with experience of that decoder know immediately they may be able to help and will open the thread. In your first line, you can then say you are a novice and people will know it would be better not to get too complicated with their answer.