R8120 TTS DCC Sound Twin Pack Issues

EricJ

Hi folks, I'm running the new Hornby Farewell Tour HST125 R3957 and the Hornby Centre 395 R3813 with the R8120 TTS Sound decoders. My set up is Hornby Railmaster via Elite and remote Select. The issue appears to be signal detection. On start up the decoder will run fine with sound and speed but might not respond to speed or sound changes for a few seconds or might not respond at all and require a hard stop and reset. I initially thought it was the 395 but now the 125 has the same issues. This can happen on Railmaster control or Elite. No problems with my other TTS decoders, A3, A4, Merchant Navy etc. Any thoughts?

I would have said latency in the signal being passed by RM via Elite but you have said it only affects this loco pair and happens with RM or the Elite stand-alone.

Does disconnecting the Select have any effect as one of the controller firmware updates was to improve response time twixt Select and Elite.

To that end what are the respective firmware states of Select, Elite and revision state of RM.

PS - you are more than likely aware the 395 is an electric loco and there is no suitable TTS decoder in the current range.

Fishy, just for reference. If you review the "Useful Links" sticky [GD forum] you will find links to the core BL web pages as well as other commonly referenced web sites. Saves having to tell members to find same via Google.

Thanks folks. Lots to check out at the weekend. As far as I know, all my firmware is up to date. No issues with other TTS or DCC decoders. I even have a few Loksound for my Irish Models which run perfectly. I'll let you know how I get on with the suggestions above.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, got a chance to do some checking over the weekend. The decoder is responding to the Hornby Elite ok but requires multiple clicks in Railmaster before responding. As I said before, this is particular to this specific decoder. This does point to the latency issue in RM via the Elite raised by 96RAF. This is not a huge issue on manual control but does create a problem when using automation.