The Queens Platinum Jubilee Loco

ColinB

Hi

I think regardless of wether you like the loco or not and people making a profit on the loco from my personal point of view I have hopefully purchased it purely as a keep sake of the queen's platinum jubilee 70 years on the throne. Not to make money out of it purely as something that possibly won't happen again ever and to keep as a keep sake of a very special anniversary

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By that time, the loco will be back into its original colour and most people will have forgotten about it. I was talking to someone last week and they wanted one purely for its resale value. I am not sure one of the new Hornby Dublo locos wouldn't be a better bet, at least you are getting a die cast loco body.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are in England 2nd-5th June and can get to the SVR then you will be able to see her and have a ride in a carriage behind her ,,go to SVR.co.uk for more info..

Hello All, have just returned home to NZ after my first ever journey to the UK. Had a thoroughly wonderful time, seeing as many sights and riding as many new and old trains as my schedule would allow. Went to the Severn Valley Railway on 27th May and was delighted to see Taw Valley was running that day as they geared up for the official Jubilee weekend. Was also lucky to bump into Lesley from the YouTube videos at Kidderminster Station and had a quick chat to her about things.

Rode behind the purple loco three times during the course of the day, got stuck at Bridgenorth for a while as "Elizabeth" wasn't steaming properly using the synthetic coal. Visited the Engine House at Highley, spoke to many friendly fellow train enthusiasts, just had a really enjoyable time. After a lifetime of British outline model railways, to finally ride behind a real British steam locomotive was a dream come true for me. For those that haven't been to the SVR, I can't recommend it highly enough.

I'll attach a couple of photos I took of the loco in question. I'm on the fence about the colour still but I can say she did look good (or better) in person, and I do commend the SVR for doing something to generate interest in the railway and perhaps bring in people who otherwise might not visit.

HK.

forum_image_62aaa064f0ffa.thumb.png.696a43a64c2e99ecdb4338facf37e62d.pngforum_image_62aaa06f2a5aa.thumb.png.f925d075ca8bc604bd7694a318801b47.png

• 3 weeks later...