Merchant Navy derailing

I have no particular knowledge of this Loco and of course any change to the Loco would detract from its original condition but presumably the bogie when turned to its maximum, must be hitting some form of stop. Can you adjust the position of the stop?

Possibly swap the bogie mounting link for one from another model that has an elongated curved slot that with allow the bogie more parallel sideways movement not just angular rotation.

E.g. Item 8 from this Class 8

forum_image_629c5baa13ede.thumb.png.fb9c8a0589407c937bf02650d2d531dd.png

I suppose you have checked but are you sure it is not the gauging on the front bogie which is causing the issue. I suppose the only other issue may be whether it is put together right, these things contain stepped washers and nylon washers (which are so thin you cannot always see them), so sometimes if they are not assembled properly it cause issues. Sam of Sams Trains did a review of this model and I am pretty sure that there were no issues and he has second radius curves, so I think the basic design is sound.

I checked my East Asiatic Company one and it goes round perfectly, trouble is my tightest bend is probably bigger than 2nd radius but not by much. If a bogie is going to cause issues that is where it usually does it. Looking at the loco statically I can see that it could catch the bottom of the cylinders but on mine the bogie slides on the slot to avoid them. So I suppose next question is what model is it, R number please. My ones are Hornby's latest so I don't what level yours' are at. I suppose the next thing is to check the cylinder block is in the right place.

Does the rear pony truck have flanged or un-flanged wheels?

If the pony is fixed then it has to have flangless wheels. The 4-6-2 A4's come with two sets of wheels in the box, flanged for display, flangless for running. The service sheet shown above shows flangless.