Suitable tables for layout?

M. Matthews

To start with, I have zero carpentry skills, so building my own baseboard / table isn’t really an option.

For the life of me I cannot find a suitable table that fits requirements. I’m looking for some sort of table that is about 150-180cm long, 40-50cm in width and 95cm-105cm in height. The idea being that 4/5 of these tables can be attached to create an end to end layout which can be separated to put away. Preferably with folding legs.

I know that’s all quite specific but surely there must be something around? Any help would be appreciated!!

If you look in any model railway mag, you will find adverts for companies that will make exactly what you require. They usually have a selection of standard sizes that can be ordered from stock, as well as a custom size 'made to measure' order capability.

If you look in any model railway mag, you will find adverts for companies that will make exactly what you require. They usually have a selection of standard sizes that can be ordered from stock, as well as a custom size 'made to measure' order capability.

I’m aware of these companies. It’s more that I’m after something that I can pick up easily from a home or hardware store. But thanks!

Try IKEA drawers. I think it was the plain wide 3/4 drawer units that I was tempted to buy for a room edge storage system with a top board added from fibreboard.. In the end I found a house with a converted garage so went down the DIY full self build layout.