Upgrade of Elite Controller from version 1.3 to 1.45

Martyn850

I have just obtained an Elite which is running at 1.3 and would like to upgrade it to the latest version 1.45 what I would like to know is can I go straight to 1.45 or do I have to do it in stages eg 1.3,1.4 1.45 also are there any issues I need to be aware of.

Many thanks

Martyn

Yes you can upgrade straight to 1.45 as I did. Can't recall having any issues. I think Windows should seen it when you plug it in, but I think there is a guide somewhere on here. It's around 18 months since I did mine so memory fades a bit.

EDIT: Yes, thought so, here it is: https://support.hornby.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014216100-Elite-Firmware-Update

Assuming you are running Win 10, download the v1.45 update.

Plug in the Elite to your PC and let Windows find the driver for it.

Then look in Dev Mgr to see which port it is on. If in doubt, unplug and replug the USB and note which port changes.

Then go through the Elite prep for update by powering up with the Stop button held, then plug in the USB, then run the update .exe file. Pick PC Type 2 for starters and see how it goes. It should take about 2-4 minutes for the progress bar to complete and then the Elite will reboot. If it bombs then repeat the whole update process per the guide.

If you find you cannot do the upgrade yourself (as in my case), you can always send it back to Hornby. You have to telephone first to get a Job No. - include this job number with your Elite when returning. I posted mine on a Tuesday afternoon and received it back on Friday morning - costs £12.50.