Railroad Class 67

M. Matthews

I’m looking for some information on the railroad class 67 as I can’t find what I believe to be the correct specs anywhere.

Do the new railroad 67’s have the directional headlights? I make this assumption as I believe the railroad version to be based on the old Lima tooling which had headlights (no tail lights) which illuminated in the direction of travel.

Does anybody know if they have nem pockets? The pictures indicate that they don’t although I have not seen a picture of a “real” one, only what looks to be artwork. The old Lima tooling did not and I still haven’t found a way to change the couplings on them.

Hopefully somebody on here has already bought one or knows a bit more info.

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

I'm not too sure about this I'm afraid but I am however fairly certain the lights have been retained and as you stated the red lights were not pre installed. Hatton's states that it has directional head and tail lights thought if I'm honest this is unlikely. I don't think it has a NEM socket either though I may be wrong!

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Service Sheets 290-290D apply to the ex-Lima loco now in the Railroad range, but even the most recent sheet dates from 2009. It still shows a single light at each end, presumably diode controlled white - but there is no way of knowing whether the specification has been upgraded across the last 13 years.

Sheet 383B relates to the main range version and even that sheet is 10 years old.