TT Accessories

TTModeller

steam_locomotive Hello Everybody! steam_locomotive

As I'm in World of TT for some time now, I thought of sharing some good tips and my own experience where to get some nice accessories for TT scale :)

These are pretty much known in World of TT so why not give you some idea what's out there atm.

forum_image_63492d3d721ce.png.161ed56745146276df04642c2827cf7d.png

Current Manufacturers of TT products:

Arnold (Locomotives & Wagons) / DE

Artitec Shop (Military Scenery, Vehicles, Figures) / NL

Auhagen (Buildings & Accessories) / DE

Beckert (Locomotives, Wagons) / DE

Beckmann (Locomotives) / DE

BuschModell (Model Making, Scenery, used to create Buildings) / DE

Corgi Trains (Static Locomotives) / UK

Ebay (Accesorries)

Elriwa (Accessories) / DE

Es Pecky (Scenery, Street Elements, Buildings) / CZ

Etsy (Accesorries) / UK

Faller (Landscape, Scenery, used to create Buildings) / DE

Gehlhaar (Accessories) / DE

Hädl (Locomotives, Wagons, Vehicles, Accessories) / DE

Heljan – Canceled / UK

Herpa (Vehicles) / DE

Hornby (Locomotives, Wagons, Buildings, Scenery, Tracks) / UK

Igra Models (Locomotives, Wagons, Vehicles) / CZ

In The Greenwood Laser (Laser Cut Buildings) / UK

Juweela (Scenery) / DE

Kibri (used to create Buildings) / DE

Kolmar (Locomotives, Wagons) / SK

Kuehn (Locomotives, Wagons, Tracks) / DE

Laffont ModellBau (Buildings) / DE

Lionel (American Static Locomotives) / US

Loco (Locomotives, Wagons) / CZ

Merten (Figures) / DE

Mobax (Road Making) / DE

ModellBahn Union (Scenery, Street Elements) / DE

MTB Models (Locomotives) / CZ

Noch (Scenery, Figures, Model Accessories, Landscape) / DE

NPE (Wagons, Vehicles) / DE

Panzer Shop (Scenery, Figures, Vehicles, Military) / NL

Peco (Tracks, Model Making) / UK

Piko (Locomotives, Wagons, Tracks) / DE

Polak (Scenery, Landscape, Model Making) / CZ

Preiser (Figures) / DE

Roco (Locomotives, Wagons) / AT

SDV Model (Wagons) / CZ

Shapeways (3D printed elements) / US

Sudexpress (Modern Locomotives) / PT

Tillig (Locomotives, Wagons, Tracks) / DE

Veissmann (Signal Accessories) / DE

Vollmer (Buildings) / DE

Weinert ModellBau (Accessories) / DE

West Hill Wagon Works (Accessories) / UK

Yellow Dwarf (Scenery, Street Elements) / CZ

York Model Rail (Model Making) / UK

forum_image_63492d404684c.thumb.png.ff9f828e73ea5c7270ea44a74a73f7cb.png

The next chapter would be brand new accessories developed by Hornby and other UK based players which I'm really excited for, hopefully will not take that long!

If you came across any other ones, please share!

and if still curious...

check my Insta @TTModeller for more features from World of TT.

I was searching for other manufacturers producing TT120 stuff to compliment the Hornby range. People, animals, scenery etc and I see that Heljan have decided to pull out of the TT120 market. That is a shame, they do some highly detailed stuff, even if they do have a tendency to shed some of the detail when running.

There's a lot made by the Continental Manufacturers, not just the figures. Buildings-wise try Auhagen, Faller, Vollmer, etc. There's also a lot of stuff made by "cottage industry" manufactures in the old Eastern Bloc countries who make all sorts of usable stuff.

With TT - there arent that many of them if I will be totally honest.

The largest stock would be with Noch who creates sets of figures, animals and scenery.

Merten / Preiser do great detailed figures

YellowDwarf.cz create all sort of accessorries as benches, bins, street elements...

Auhagen is the only one who creates scale buildings in TT (cant say they produce large collection of buildings, few of them, about 2-3 new pieces a year)

Vollmer does only few pieces in TT, Faller supports only HO and N nowadays.

ModellBahnUnion creates TT items too

There are also few small companies who specialize in cars, bikes...

Generally.... TT ... there never been a main focus for accesorries from those larger manufacturers. But as Hornby came with TT120 now, this will be a game changer in soon future I believe mainly for UK manufacturers :)

forum_image_63505dab6ba76.thumb.png.6391db81ee32fe703b0985011acbc26d.png

In Addition...

Figures and scenery designed for 15mm wargaming (a reasonably popular scale with wargamers internationally) will be usable for tt:120. Sarissa Precision are one firm I can point to that make buildings (well, laser-cut-wood kits) that would be very suitable on a tt:120 uk layout.

TT is middle scale between N & HO - for that reason we can actually use some of these products and they look fine. It really depends on your diorama - if the houses are too big in TT scale that can be speculative as older builders had higher ceilings than modern ones, then HO can work as well. Auhegan sometimes mark the buildings as HO/TT so that could be use for both scales.

Ebay is another great source for TT items and you will save lots of money. Some models are in 1:100 or even 1:120 :) I ordered few nice planters for N scale, and they fit perfectly for TT, hard to believe they would be used in N scale.

Artitec Shop also specialize in WW1 & WW2 scale items even in TT.

• 1 month later...
With TT - there arent that many of them if I will be totally honest.

I don't want to be rude, but you're rather wrong, actually. I wish people would check the facts before the answer. TT is not a new thing, but has been around since the 60s. The last decade has seen an enormous upswing in accessories. Sure, there are hardly any UK stuff to buy, since it hasn't been much of a thing there for a long time. But if you go for German and Central European accessories, there's almost as much as for N scale (well, more if you only count Central Europe).

I don't want to be rude, but you're rather wrong, actually. I wish people would check the facts before the answer. TT is not a new thing, but has been around since the 60s.

Who should be checking facts?

TT has been around since the 40's starting in America by HP products, Tri-ang brought their TT out on 1957 which according to my maths was 3 years before the 60's.

Garry

The Fact is that there is less TT products generally than N & HO products, you can clearly see this threw all large manufacturers who are introducing new ranges across their portfolios even for 2023, N & HO ale leading scales of Model Railways across European markets. That is the fact point :) even in Czech, TT is very popular but that doesn't mean we have that extra pieces over other scales... Many of them have a range in TT, but usually it's limited stock only or they offer half of products rather than a full range. Developing my own TT Model Railway, I wish I could say we have that enormous range of TT products, we are not there yet.... Figures, Street elements, Buildings, Scenery generally - you can find all of them easily, as I already mentioned in my posts but with limited options.

Happy to see Hornby and other UK's Accessories!

(One example - pretty impossible to find some nice proper Town Houses in TT, Auhagen has 6 or 8 types only - which were created 20/30yrs ago, they look pretty crap tbh, zero Innovation after all years with most of their scale buildings, while in N & HO there are 100s of them to choose from.... same for figures, portals, locos etc etc)

(One example - pretty impossible to find some nice proper Town Houses in TT, Auhagen has 6 or 8 types only - which were created 20/30yrs ago, they look pretty crap tbh, zero Innovation after all years with most of their scale buildings, while in N & HO there are 100s of them to choose from.... same for figures, portals, locos etc etc)

I believe that Auhagen effectively have two "TT" ranges. TT/HO are pretty ancient and a bit crude by current standards (as you might expect for what was originally produced for the DDR market) but the TT products are modern. I've bought a few of the TT products and they seem to be pretty good. If only I could stop changing my mind about what my layout is going to look like...

The bigger problem is getting hold of TT stuff in the UK at a reasonable price.

The bigger problem is getting hold of TT stuff in the UK at a reasonable price.

Yes, I've had this problem. I've been buying a lot of Noch figures and some Auhagen benches, they are not cheap and difficult to find. £10 for 8 plastic benches that you have to glue together. Most of the Noch figures are £12 - £15 and the range in the UK is very small.

Putting everything into one website would be great idea actually, true is that many products which are available in Central Europe are hard to get / ship to the UK now. Some of these small manufacturers don't even have websites in English, some of them don't even accept online payments... so these are little bit tricky.

As the Black Friday is here, you might check some websites which I'm usually using and they might have good deals with international shipping too :)

https://www.modellbahnunion.com/TT-gauge.htm?shop=modellbahn-union-en&a=catalog&p=99557

https://www.itvlaky.cz/zeleznice/?dd=2&pv25=16&order=-priority

https://www.ben-zerba.cz/e-shop/en/trains/tt-1-120.html

https://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/

try to change the language to English even currency.

It's cheaper to purchase products threw these websites rather than straight from Noch/Auhagen - that might be little bit more pricy.

btw Noch 46849 are nice ready made benches, I also used Auhagen's in the past - nightmare! upside_down_face

@ TT Modeller - That is an awesome list that you have put together and alphabetical too. A great service to the community. Thanks for your efforts.

One extra one I found today that could be added to your list is:

"In the Greenwood Laser"

They have a website and an ebay shop. A nice looking range of laser cut wooden kits based on UK outline buildings, stations, platforms, bridges etc. Postage in UK is free. For those in the EU like me the ebay shop participates in the ebay global shipping program, which takes care of all those pesky post Brexit customs and VAT problems.

I have used some Metcalfe N Gauge kits, British N is way over size and mixing scales can be a great way to create perspective. Some things can be sized up and some sized down.

in my experience often accessories tend to be too big. Just bought some ‘N’ light signals, far too big for N but perfect for TT and inexpensive… pretty basic but I am happy for now. (Amazon)

You can also look at the wargame Flames Of War accessories. That game is in 15mm scale which technically falls under TT scale. There are lots of cheap buildings, trees, landscape features etc for Flames Of War on ebay.

I am thinking of using some of their miniatures and a Hornby TT set to build a WW2 themed layout.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have and yes there's some good accessories there and certain things will work but a lot of the European buildings won't work on a British layout in my opinion, what I mean is things like British high st, bus depots, maintenance sheds, low relief buildings, car garages.

@Pete82

In the Greenwood Laser who I already mentioned above supply several of the items you are looking for. Although I know laser cut kits are not to everyones taste.

Scalescenes supply an extensive range of downloadable 'card' kits that can be resized to TT when you print them.

Suggest you look at some TT 3mm websites and blogs. Those modellers have been cleverly improvising stuff for decades. It will be a while before everything is available off the shelf without a bit of modelling involved.

@TT-Man, I should have a TT120 GNR signal box arriving from in the Greenwood laser very soon.

I was struck by the price, £8 and free delivery which is inexpensive by any standard. I am interested to see how it turns out.

The Metcalfe kits have already started the kit bashing and tweaking, I think I may have a problem developing 🤣

@Pete82
In the Greenwood Laser who I already mentioned above supply several of the items you are looking for. Although I know laser cut kits are not to everyones taste.
Scalescenes supply an extensive range of downloadable 'card' kits that can be resized to TT when you print them.
Suggest you look at some TT 3mm websites and blogs. Those modellers have been cleverly improvising stuff for decades. It will be a while before everything is available off the shelf without a bit of modelling involved.

thumbsup Thanks.

West Hill Wagon Works is another TT120 manufacturer you might want to add to the list. Smaller accessory parts but those great little touches that bring a model to life.

Just ordered some speed limit signs, gradient posts, buffer stops, mail bags, trolleys, bins and some fencing