What do people hope to see in the range?

david_watts1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main interest is the Blue BR period, probably because it is what I remember from the days of my youth, and given most of my life has been spent in the Eastern Region anything active in that area is what I would like to see.

I have an 08 on order, am looking forward to classes 31, 37 and others. One I did not notice if there was any plan for was the class 20.

The other areas I hope to see are DMU's and some additional freight stock.

A GWR Toad Brake Van would be generally useful and my first choice request.

DMU’s - first generation would appeal to me - second generation and contemporary too.

At some point - though perhaps not an immediate priority, I’d be tempted by Overhead Electrics (locos or multiple units).

Just some thoughts, Keith.

Having just put in an order I'd like to see some more BR Blue covering the eighties.

Class 25

Class 31

Class 37

Class 47

Also some suitable freight stock Presflos, Freightliner, Brakevans, gas tanks etc as well as postal stock.

Eventually a DMU and AC locos.

It was a bit of a disappointment to see other brands withdraw their offerings to this scale but I'm sure its not too hard to scale current designs in this world of modern technology.

There's loads of possibilities, obviously it's down to Hornby to decided what a d when they feed stuff out.

Class 31 and 47 in BR blue are already planned for phases 3 and 4. A class 37 is planned, but not as yet in blue but surely that will come. No class 25 mentioned so far, and Hornby won't have any CAD to go on—the 1970s OO model was a long time ago. But if they still have the drawings, it was highly regarded as far as its shape was concerned, more so than some more recent attempts.

The disadvantage of the class 25—from Hornby's point of view—is the limited range of liveries available compared to the others.

Hornby had to start somewhere and so far I've been impressed with its initial range even though no small to medium sized steam locos or multiple units are yet available.

I'd like Hornby to release a Terrier, LMS 3F Jinty, class 101 DMU and a 4VEP in TT.

These will cover a wide variety of bases.

Also release SR Maunsell's carriages to complete the "big four" carriage stock lineup.

I also hope Hornby's 4- and 6-wheel coaches in OO get shrunk to TT.

Also, ...

I'd find the following Train sets attractive.

• BR Green 08 shunting freight set
  • BR/GCR "Starlight Special" set. - Early 1950s A3/GNR tender with matching BR Mk1 coaches based on the GC "Starlight special" service (same as existing A4 set but with different loco)

The A4 is a lovely model but the early BR A3 with GNR tender is stunning and an A4 doesn't match the Midlands area I'd model. Nor, sadly do the Pullmans, more rooted in ECML.

All things BR Sectorisation for me please. I've pre-ordered all the 'Era 8' items, and plan to do the same for any future new items added to the catalogue. Coming from an O and 1 Gauge background- I'm enjoying all the pre-ordering and look forward to running realistic consists - something I just can't do easily in the larger scales.