What do people hope to see in the range?

david_watts1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

In terms of Engines, would like a steam period 040 or 060 for shunting duties.

Flex track (wood sleepers).

And lots more accessories, various semaphore signals etc, although I need to research and find out how these were placed (my first foray into model railways).

The 2 regions I am most interested in are GWR and Southern. Southern seems totally unrepresented. I would like to see GWR pannier talks and prairie (probably large). Castle should be coming later. King? For Southern, Schools, Merchant Navy but especially Terrier in "improved green" eg Stepney.

The 2 regions I am most interested in are GWR and Southern. Southern seems totally unrepresented. I would like to see GWR pannier talks and prairie (probably large). Castle should be coming later. King? For Southern, Schools, Merchant Navy but especially Terrier in "improved green" eg Stepney.

For GWR I'd want Hall/modified Hall. With you 100% on the Merchant Navy.

Purely for nostalgic reasons Clan Line would be nice. It’s not my region but I’d buy one in a heartbeat. Amongst all the railway stuff we had as kids (HD3 rail, some 2 rail, Triang Big Big, Lone Star push around, there was a stray Clan Line TT3 loco, no tender, but somehow it always attracted me, we didn’t even have any track for it! I consider this unfinished business and it’s a good looking loco 😁

Be nice to have a 3F numbered 47607, an 'homage' to the first Triang TT Loco!

I agree. I'd like to see some more general purpose locomotives (Eras 4 and 5) rather than the large pacifics and the like. Early DMUs as well please.

As the range develops and the already planned releases are announced it will be interesting to see how closely they match people’s wish lists.

TT120 has a 5 year product plan in place and we have only had a glimpse of the next 18months or so.

Im not sure how I managed this but I think I also forgot to put a Deltic on my list! Early livery KOYLI please Simon. Ohhh and a 4MT and a Pennine DMU……

I think a Merchant Navy as an early introduction would be a big mistake.

A West Country/Battle of Britain WC/BB unrebuilt would be a better option for a small space layout or a big one. A WC/BB could be seen on full length trains x London Terminus or even a 1 coach local Tender First from Padstowe. Truly a great option for and Southern or even modern fan as WC/BB Tangemere is to this day seen on main line tours.

@John, welcome to the Forum

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

More details here

I've been hoping for a 377/Electrostar in 00 for years - perhaps this could be done in TT as many EMU/DMU sets are monstrous in 00 requiring lots more space - not saying that a 377 wouldn't but it would need a lot less space than in 00. They are the mainstay in the south east these days (and variant on the GWR) so plenty of scope!

I'm hoping a Terrier, an unrebuilt light Bulleid pacific and some Maunsell carriages will be announced in future phases.

If Hornby only intends to release a few Maunsell types in TT:120 compared with their OO range, then high-windowed corridor 6 compartment brake 3rds, high-windowed corridor composites, drop windowed 3rd opens, and bogie corridor luggage vans to accompany the Pullmans, will deal with the vast majority of customers' requests.