When will track packs be available?

SeanTT

If I order either of the sets and track packs will i get them at the same time?

the video says track is in the warehouse so surely if i preorder all the track packs and a set it will come together?

can this be confirmed or answered?

Thanks

This was brought up at a Mods video meeting with Hornby on Friday, ref supply of split orders.

It was generally agreed that there was not much point in sending out track packs if the train set was not available, therefore they should sensibly hold the part order until it could all be sent out.

However if the train set was available but not the extension packs then at least one could get on with the basic set until the other track turned up.

The issue of multiple postage costs was also tabled and Hornby went away to review the problem, as there is the complication of pre-orders where someone could order a lot of stuff to qualify for free postage, receive some of the order that didn’t qualify alone for free postage then cancel the possibly more expensive pre-order part. Bit of a conundrum for them.

An option for the pre-order problem could be to have a check-box to deliver all items into one delivery. Amazon have this option and it would negate this issue as the final payment (including postage) is worked out at the time of despatch.

Personally, I’d also be prepared to pay up front to have the comfort of knowing the pre-orders are secured.

Thank you to the Moderators who have raised the issue of multiple postage costs when attempting to pre-order to meet the free postage threshold/incentive from Hornby. As a distant overseas customer I would certainly have no problem with all pre-ordered items being shipped in one package to save cost to me, but also for Hornby as well who would be absorbing the shipping cost as part of their incentive offer of free postage.

Where it might cause problems for them is in storage of early-arrived pre-ordered items while they wait for the balance of a customer's order to come in. Especially if that customer's order contains items with ETA's spread over a significant period of time.

However if Hornby wish to grow their direct sales part of the business, they will have to tackle issues such as this. No doubt they already have significant experience with these kinds of logistical problems since they moved production from Margate to the other side of the planet. It was pleasing to hear they appear to direct ship from China to NZ as in the recent example of the Platinum Jubilee loco. Makes no sense to shovel stock all the way to the UK only to have it come all the way back again, so well done to Hornby for that.

HK.

Glad to hear multiple items raised. I raised it directly with Customer Care on a set plus 2 track packs to Oz. I was told nothing could be done, they would ship when available at £50 per shipment. No free order threshold for overseas either.

Rob, can give you my order numbers if it will help on the issue?

And while you can’t avoid this for locos and rolling stock, this policy will certainly have me looking for track alternatives starting with Peco and Tillig, meaning Hornby will lose sales. Anyrail track libraries make it easy to design in any trackage I please. May even be some already in stock in Aust, yet to check.

would it be recommended to order the train set in one order and the track packs in another?

at least then the set can be sent when ready and the track when ready and if it comes together then its a bonus?!

are we getting a Q&A video soon? i thought i saw on social media, facebook i think asking for questions and then they would do a Q&A video?

Thanks

Hornby is looking at the possibility of providing a customer option to post in part or as a complete order, but if demanded as separate orders then separate postage charges would apply.

If I recall the brief correctly they said they had track in the warehouse and were awaiting the sets and locos, etc.

The launch video also said that there would be a future live Q&A session, so keep an eye on social media sites for the announcement.

just home from the Great British Model Railway Show and reading issue no1 of the TT:120 club magazine, on page 9 it says track packs will be launched in April, can this be confirmed?

If sets come out in December but track packs not until April thats 4 months of just a loop?

Clarification required on this one..

I did also ask Simon Kohler if i ordered the set and the track packs together if they would send them out together or separate and he said they would do their best to send together but if sets were ready before they would go out before hand but i didn't read the magazine until I was home and discovered it says April for the track packs?!

Sean

I have ordered one of each track pack. I hope that they will all be shipped at the same time, however based on previous experience, even when orders are shipped together, Hornby have a tendency to add individual postages for each item. I expect this will happen again, when it comes to the track packs. A quick call to Customer Services and they will refund the postages is my experience.

Yes, I have ordered the train set and track pack 2-5 in hope they will also arrive at the same time but it is puzzling that on the Hornby website track packs say Spring 2023 and April in the TT:120 club magazine. If they have track in the warehouse and at shows why Spring 2023/April?

just had email confirmation from Hornby that track packs will arrive end of April

"From: Customercare

Sent: 03 November 2022 10:12

To: Sean

Subject: RE: Hornby TT:120 Track Packs  

Good morning, 

Thank your email. 

Yes I can confirm the track packs are currently due into us at the end of April.

Kind Regards,

Suzanne Hill

Customer Service Advisor

T:+44(0)1843 233512

https://www.hornbyhobbies.co.uk/"

How incredibly disappointing, so do Hornby expect to keep people interested in TT:120 until then with just the sets which is just a loop and siding (track pack 1) until April which is nearly 6 months away? the hype and excitement will be gone by then..

Think this needs a rethink especially if they have some track in the warehouse already, get those boxed up and sent out?

Are they expecting people to buy individual track pieces in the meantime?

This needs looking at seriously in my opinion..