Peco TT Code 55 track compatability (flanges and rail height)

See See Rider

Further to this discussion I am planning a major up sizing of my layout and will be using flexible lengths

i see that Hornby and PECO track will join up ok but does anyone know when Hornby will be producing their flexible track, I notice that it’s not in the online catalogue which would suggest that it’s a long way until release

You can use ‘tracksetta’ type devices, or pencil, string and a measure to create the line to follow and flexi holds larger radius curves very well but some pins during glueing down can also help. You can also set radii off Hornby set track and make a track centre gauge with a piece of wood and some grooves cut to follow the rails.

An advantage of flexi curves is you can build in transition curves where the radii is less severe on and off straight sections, this really helps eliminate high speed derailments.

I found:-

https://westhillwagonworks.com/layout-accessories/545-tt120-track-guide-templates-large-set.html

They worked well for creating curves. I am planning on trying a bending a metal ruler, to provide nicer transitions from straight to curves. Marklin of Sweden has a YouTube on this. Probably will have to solder the half way point. Hard to get a clean transition from one half of the curve to the other.

@John-357061 creating the transition into the curve is easy to do freehand, just let the flexi track find its own curve. There's no need for a template or guide.

I don't use templates for curves at all, just mark the centre line with string and pencil. I do agree that using sectional track for tight curves is easier than fighting with flexi-track, but I use flexi for all the visible scenic trackwork on my layouts. This photo is part of my N gauge layout, the track on the right here is flexi being glued into place to form a transition into the sectional track of the actual return loop

forum_image_64b964e33505a.thumb.png.840da8be31674883d654f64d360a47d8.png