A question about Scale

IanJ1707823014

Another newbie here (well after a 40+ year absence!) and TT:120 has come at the right time for me to re-enter the hobby.

I’ve joined the TT120 club but haven’t got my pack or newsletter yet. However, I attended the Warley show over the weekend and picked up copies as well as getting a hands on with the new offerings. I’ve noticed that in the brochure on Page 2 it mentions that the TT:120 scale is 1” to 1’ however Pico in their TT120 brochure advertise it as 2.54mm to 1’ which effectively makes it 1” to 10’ (which I think is correct but I stand to be corrected). The Hornby brochure I picked up was marked 2nd edition so not sure if this is the latest version available. Who is right about the scale Hornby or Pico?

Thank you all for the confirmation. I was sure that was the case and was a little puzzled when doing some scale calculations! As you say I ended up with some large model trains!!

I’m surprised no one from Hornby spotted it and had it corrected. Maybe the 3rd edition will be out soon.

Thanks again

@TT-Man

Nothing wrong with rods, roods and chains nor acres and hectares, as well as furlongs. Why we ever got rid of £-s-d with its farthings, thrupenny bits, florins, half-crowns and guineas I will never understand.

Imperial is all perfectly logical, even the railways used chains to measure radius of curves.

All this base 10 stuff is so confusing.

Being of an age where education spanned the 70’s and early 80’s, metric was the only system we ever learned and later as an engineer you quickly discover the staggering mistakes that have been made in the name of imperial system…. And there are some functions that just can’t be calculated in imperial, damn Romans!!!! 🤣