Locomotion Models

10 Class

Hello everyone.

Can anyone tell me if Locomotion Models are open for business ATM, please?

I placed a pre-order for the 2 NER Locomotives 1200 & 1201, on the 29th October 2022, and haven't had a response so far. They took the deposits as expected. I have sent 3 emails and rang their phone number (From Australia) as per their website, with no response.

I believe these loco's have been delivered to locomotion and available for distribution.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks' in advance.

Happy New Year to everyone.

There has been much discussion on the forum about LMs erratic trading. They operate out of the NRMs Shildon museum site on an as manned basis according to past knowledge, but they are still trading.

A small number of Hornby models were only ever available from Shildon.

They were 1) R3503 Flying Scotsman 60103, a limited edition in late BR livery

2) R3594 Duchess of Hamilton 46229 in late BR maroon livery

3) R3595 A C1 in SR black

4) R3596 class 5MT 5000 in LMS gloss black

I believe Locomotion Models is run by volunteers and not the museum itself so has no fulltime staff.

I received my NER 1201 about 14 Dec after ordering on 8 Dec

I have no idea how parcels are sent to Australia or how long it takes

My model was delivered by UPS

Hello everyone.

My issue with Locomotion Models (LM) is now solved.

A response from LM, was received in November 2022, however, it went to my Trash/Junk folder and i never noticed it in there at the time.

LM have since been in touch again and my order is now processing.

All good and thanks for the responses.

Regards

Hello everyone.

My issue with Locomotion Models (LM) is now solved.

A response from LM, was received in November 2022, however, it went to my Trash/Junk folder and i never noticed it in there at the time.

LM have since been in touch again and my order is now processing.

All good and thanks for the responses.

Regards

I too had issues with Locomotion models and it was made worse with UPS. Sadly, even though the issue was sorted to some extent, I was still £8 out of pocket and had a very stressful few days trying to contact them and the idiots at UPS. Needless to say I will not buy from them again via the post but if there is anything that takes my fancy, I will try to get it from the NRM York when I visit. I ended up getting a S/H Mallard early version without commerative plaque off Ebay. It needs a bit of work but it is in very good condition otherwise. The box is a bit tatty.