2023 Range Launch Announcement

Quite a mixture there then. A sensible decision to catch up on previous announcements IMO. If the specs are correct, then i think the hidden gems here are the Railroad 47 & 73, sound fitted locos for a very reasonable price, and not too much detail to fall off.

The only thing floating my boat is the Salmon Wagon to replace an ancient Triang one in my repair train consist. My points should cover the cost, woo hoo a freebie.

Those blue SDJR locos look very nice too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone can answer this but I find it curious that this is the 3rd release of the Gresley Teaks (I think) & the sleeping coach has never been re-released after the 1st batch...

@rjpallan,

I'm not sure that sleeper coaches prove very popular. I imagine LNER ones only ever ran on a few select trains from Kings Cross to Scotland, and while a model train can justify one first class coach, or one buffet car, it looks a bit odd with just one sleeper coach in it. They are "all or nothing" coaches for many modellers, I expect. Just my point of view, others may well disagree.

Given the challenges all businesses and individuals have faced recently I think Simon’s opening comments were entirely appropriate and welcome.

Surely anyone who thinks a company like Hornby isn’t trying its best to deliver on its promised launches must be out with the fairies, no product, no money and that’s not a sustainable business model.

Anyway on a entirely selfish perspective, absolutely fantastic to see Tyne Dock 9F announced in OO, hopefully all that work can be transferred over to TT120 and same loco released, Westinghouse Pumps and all and maybe some Consett Ore wagons in TT120 too…I am looking at German ore wagons (the real Consett one were based on German wagons) but I’d rather buy the real thing 😁