High Fell, BR (NER) in TT 120

Rallymatt

Posted (edited)

The black oil storage tanks are some ones I picked up second hand, they could be Faller European N scale. I have altered them a bit with pipe work etc. the taller ones next to the Thunberg Petrochemical Works are home made, from hydration tab tubes and some extras. The DAPR tanks are low level refilling type. I think he also does a refinery type which are much taller, maybe not in TT yet but Ben will rescale if asked. Thanks for the nice comments too, glad you like it 😁

Edited by Rallymatt
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I had time to do a video on weathering  the TTA tankers today. Hope it’s useful and a few have a go at weathering. As always I recommend trying out a few techniques on things that don’t matter first or possibly something inexpensive to build confidence. The tankers are quite nice to weather as the shape lends itself to an easy model to work with and you can’t really go too far wrong. I included to bits on how to ‘remove’ excess and lose hard edges etc so you can always ‘get it back’ 😁

https://youtu.be/dC1gJxVwgt4?si=gaORXG9K9TnyRSum

Edited by Rallymatt
  • Like 5

Well that’s poorly made LMS kit for you 🤣!  It’s always interesting to see how things deteriorate, lack of use is quite different to lots of use, always sad to see history crumble away. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

I had time to do a video on weathering  the TTA tankers today. Hope it’s useful and a few have a go at weathering. As always I recommend trying out a few techniques on things that don’t matter first or possibly something inexpensive to build confidence. The tankers are quite nice to weather as the shape lends itself to an easy model to work with and you can’t really go too far wrong. I included to bits on how to ‘remove’ excess and lose hard edges etc so you can always ‘get it back’ 😁

https://youtu.be/dC1gJxVwgt4?si=gaORXG9K9TnyRSum

I really liked the video.  i will give this a go sometime down the line.  I am still at stage where weathering by my own hand seems sacrilage to a perfectly good model!!  I do like how others achieve the results though.

• Like 2