DCC controller for TT:120

ttmike

I have been pondering this too, and may have misunderstood the situation, but;

I already have a DCC controller for my 00 layout (Hornby Select…adequate, limited and a bit 20th Century).

My new and second layout will be a reach to connect that controller, but I don’t want to use the cheap analogue controller which comes with the Scotsman set. It seems to have a built-in wasp’s nest!

So I have bought a N18 decoder from Gaugemaster and plan to buy a second used Select on eBay, as a stop gap solution. Have a look at the Simon’s Shed channel for fitting this decoder.

I hope to live long enough to see all this much-hyped TT120 stuff become available! It may be iffy!

Peter

Moderator Edit: amended to remove banned language. R-

Dodge, while the connector size is now correct, again you have panel-mounted not inline (plug and socket each go on the end of a cable to join them).

Clement, your arrangement will work and you could use the dongle to control non-BT decoders via the App if you use any HM7000 decoders. But you still have a 1 Amp limitation unless you upgrade the Select PSU to 4 Amps.

Dodge, while the connector size is now correct, again you have panel-mounted not inline (plug and socket each go on the end of a cable to join them).

Fishy,

These are not for me, i was trying and failing with helping another member out.. I have connectors sorted for my power supplies. Of course nothing is tested yet...