Whats missing from the TT Trainsets

Peter Stiles

My Easterner turned up and i'm happy wity what I've got, however I feel that hornby have missed a trick and should have included a "dummies guide" to the train set; something like you'd get in a Kato starter set, for instance.

I think a short document (2 or 4 sides of A4 would be enough) that tells a NEWBIE how to put it all together would really go down well with the target market. I know there are guides on the internet, but if I got a box for Birthday or Xmas I'd want to be putting it all together first, not googling for someone's help.

I think a document sorta like this would be a good idea (just a suggested outline here):

Your new Hornby TT Trainset!

What’s in the box?

(list contents, show pictures of each piece, naming each piece accurately; put in sections Rolling Stock, Track, Power & Accessories)

Putting the track together

Show how fishplates work, mention testing on a Table Top before getting a board (and reference next-steps).

Show the track in its final form.

Coupling the train

Describe how the coupling works, show train & coach next to each other and then coupled. Describe how to uncouple the stock.

Running your train

Show how to attach the controller to the track. (Point to other doc for health-and safety details).

Describe how to use the controller. Show photo’s with arrows on showing the dial being moved and the train taking off.

Detailing the train and coaches

Talk about the detail packs for train and coach. Mention that you want to leave these off for now 😊

Next steps

Describe buying/running more coaches. Talk about other trains.

Talk about the Trackmat and the extension packs (mention that you’ll need a second controller and up-sell to the HM2000 / HM6000 / HM7000)

Mention buildings and other scenic accessories. Show a track mat full of buldings, trees, people and vehicles.

Getting help

Talk about the Hornby website. Include the phone number/email address for customer support.

Describe the wealth of online information about railways.

There is but unfortunately the factory that make products for hornby didn’t read it! Mine was dripping in oil, so

over oiled it’s staggering. But I thing the point is an easy to read for non model Railway people, guide and on that I am

100% behind it. Where are the details on how to couple/uncouple?