Flying Scotsman Centenary

Woolamala

Hi everyone. This might have been asked before however, I can't find anything in the forum. With the new releases this year of different stages of the Flying Scotsman what are the locos limited edition limited to? Is it 500, 1000 or more? Anyone know? T.I.A. :-)

@Geoff (Posted - 12:06 18/2/2023)

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

More details here

I am not so sure, the purple West Country only took off because sadly she died. They are incredibly expensive and virtually anyone that models has at least one already. I suppose they might appeal to collectors. I will stick to the HD A4s they are a lot cheaper.

I do like the FS, I do have most version, from railroad to limited edition, but at the price Hornby is taking pre order, it may be fair price, but its out of my budget. I would have happily bought FS with double tender if it was under 300, but at 379, I can't see myself buying.

Maybe in future if my circumstances changed I might be able.

As for how many Hornby will be making, like atom3624 stated, if the orders are keep on coming production number will go up as well.

The collection is still scheduled for Spring release so I doubt whether there will be any changes to production quantities at this late stage - the locos may even already be on the water as February is the Centenary month of the construction of the un-named loco (as per R30206) that became 'Flying Scotsman' a year later.