Retro fitting Pullman with lights

david_watts1

I was wondering on how easy it would be to retro fit lights or if Hornby intended to offer a kit to do that. Having removed the bodies of 2 coaches to inspect, I think the answer is...it's a 'no go'. Not only would you need the wheel wipers, the circuit board with LEDs, but it appears that the original Pullmans had solid lights and not clear ones. My only solution is to buy 3 new lit Pullmans and do body swaps, selling on the non lit versions of the previously lit ones.forum_image_63f2ed9c128f3.thumb.png.d08983316893d2a8d407ed2ef1acd6f1.pngforum_image_63f2ed9ebdbfb.thumb.png.787dc7b40e24f4d220921e2452792470.png

@Mul Yes, they all have different names and I want all 7, especially since Blink Bonny can easily pull that many. I have not only bought the four lit versions, I have just ordered 3 more lit ones so I can do body swaps and sell the unlit renamed ones. Once you compare the lit to unlit coaches, I think you will want the lit ones.

@old Kent No, the set Pullmans are not available as lit individuals yet, if they will be at all.

@Fishy I think in the set you will get the 3 original names but on the new lit chassis'. I think looking at them in pieces the originals were just a stop gap to get stuff to market, until the proper ones were perfected.

first prototype converting an n gauge light bar to tt. now i just need to create the bars with the correct spacing and number of lamps, an possibly in yellow. what are your thoughts?

conversion is super simple as all of the holes are in just the right places and the pickups go on real easy.forum_image_63f46ac44d638.thumb.png.3da4402779f20fb080d3465b4db1ae13.png

@tt Thanks for the offer, but I've already ordered 3 donor coaches. Since selling isn't allowed here, I'll just say check Ebay after 8pm tonight for Octaviawink. There will be only one, the other 2 will be listed (or not) when I've done the body swap.

Do you fancy putting a buy it now option on the listing?

I’m assuming the one on eBay currently is yours?