What did you receive today?

South Coast Flyer

I've just arranged for the Trigo to go back for repair. I don't need it immediately as until they release the DCC Blink Bonney set I have no means to actually run it and hence am more than happy for Hornby to sort it out whilst I wait patiently.

DPD just delivered Trigo, sound fitted, another next 18 decoder for Flying Scotsman, which unfortunately is heading back to Margate for repairs due to a snapped tender screw 😕 and some extra track. Trigo has been around the layout a few times and I’ll properly run her in tomorrow now that the chip has been updated. She looks good so far 😀👍

Railbob

Some balsa wood strips. Docks are slowly but surely Corning together 😁

Rallymatt,

If you are thinking about putting a ship in your dock have a look at Fleetscale, they have a range of model ships in the 1/128 scale which are very close to TT120, so much so I don’t think anyone could tell the difference. As a comment on your layout, wow !! I love it 😀

Railbob

Thanks RailBob, normally there won’t be a ship alongside the Quayside, simply due to space limitations although there is something planned as a one off 😉. Model ships and war gaming seem to have been using ‘almost’ TT for years! I think k it’s also been used in model aircraft as a popular scale too.

Thanks RailBob, normally there won’t be a ship alongside the Quayside, simply due to space limitations although there is something planned as a one off 😉. Model ships and war gaming seem to have been using ‘almost’ TT for years! I think k it’s also been used in model aircraft as a popular scale too.

Rallymatt,

I must admit that I tend to build in 1/96 these days but I did have a Fleetscale Hood at 1/128. I don’t think she’d fit as she was nearly 7 feet long 😂.

Railbob

PS my Grandfather was was one of her foreman painters on the Hood

Received today but not yet opened - some extra track pieces that I ordered just before the price rise. Pleased that I pre-ordered some more straight track a few weeks ago too.

Nothing to run on the new track at the moment - both locomotives have gone back to Hornby, along with my Select for a firmware upgrade.

Plan for layout forming in my mind, using Scale Model Scenery micro baseboards. Received first a couple of weeks ago and impressed enough to order some more soon; once I’ve decided whether to start with L-shape or just a straight initial layout.

Well Trigo and Flying Scotsman are both heading back for maintenance,

Trigo was working pretty well then decided to give up the ghost after about 30 minutes and Flying Scotsman has a snapped screw on the tender. Ahh well 😀

Railbob

Today I received an additional 9 of the little tankers, 3 of each type to complement the tankers I already own. Fortunately I ordered these a week ago when I noticed that the Mobile tanker was listed as last few available hence I was able to get them at the old price.

I'd have been reluctant to place this order after the price rise!

Railbob, I am disappointed for you. I was rather hoping reliability was improving.

So was I Rallymatt 😂 . I tried to reboot chip as it kept dropping out on Bluetooth but it didn’t work, so it now connects but just sits there laughing at me 😂 I’m such a technophobe.

Railbob

Today my Trigo came back after spending a week at Hornby being repaired. This time it has it's front buffers attached.

Somehow I missed the dispatch notification so my wife had to take delivery. She assumed I'd been shopping again and didn't seem to believe me when I explained that this one was already a resident simply returning from it's travels grinning

Received phone call from Hornby today informing me that my two locomotives were repaired and my Select Controller upgraded (can we have £15 please?). All less than a week since Hornby received them. As the 08 damage was partly my carelessness, I can’t fault their customer service in this regard.

Both faults on Flying Scotsman have had workarounds discussed on this forum but I decided that these things will never get dealt with if we fix them ourselves.

Yesterday 5 new lit Pullmans arrived to complement the carriage rakes on Blink Bonny and Night Hawk

Plus this inspired by Dave the Buskergrinning

forum_image_64a16cb9b1f87.thumb.png.505a3e0b73f68c661eda81a7e35e5ea7.png

it’s from the Hornby OO Skeldale range and measures 20mm wide by 35mm high (excluding the lamp) which in TT120 terms would be 4m high!! however it fits in nicely with the Ho gauge station where it would be a mere 3 m highthumbsup

Both locomotives (Flying Scotsman & 08489) back from Margate Works today, along with the updated Select controller. Both currently running with the 08 in DCC via the Select and FS via HM7000.

A happy modeller accompanied by a very wary cat. Hopefully it won’t be too long before Mallard arrives.

Now that I have a R3 and R4 loop it’s nice to see both running together, albeit on a glass kitchen table for now. They’ll be going back into their boxes for the night as I cannot trust the aforementioned cat alone with the models. I need to find a decent stock box.