Little People

I'm trying to be as succinct as I can with the title of this thread: I don't want to get into trouble with @Fishmanoz for being obtuse!

As various peoples' layouts are progressing nicely and getting round to the stage where we need to start thinking about populating them, the issue of suitable figures for TT120 keeps cropping up. At the moment you can find reference to this all over the shop and I thought it might be a good idea to create one thread where we can all share information.

There are so many variations in size between TT120 and TT100 figures that you don't know if you're coming or going. For example, there's been a discussion in the last couple of days about the Chinese-made TT figures on eBay: no-one has any real idea what scale they are, but they're certainly too big for TT120. On the other hand, I bought a little fellow on a bike from an architectural modeling supplier, listed as 1/100,and he fits in fine.

I think it's time that we share our experiences here, listing those suppliers we feel make figures with the right "look". I'll start: Smart Models; 4D Models.

Noch also do 1:120 scale figures as well.

May I just comment on those Chinese ones? I bought some of them for use on my TTe layout and didn't use any of them, they are just rubbish and only fit for the bin, garish colours, strange sizes and they seem to be very poor rip-offs of European manufacturer's models, probably using their well past the use-by dated moulds. I'd avoid them at all costs! I ended up biting the bullet and buying genuine Preiser and Noch.

Excellent thread, attached a photo of the listing as it currently appears price has increased by the description is altered to indicate 1:100 not just TT. At 1:100 these are too big, if you stand a figure next to TT:120 model or doorway it’s obvious. I may use some of these in coaches after the surgeon has done his thing!

Some small sheep would be welcome at High Fell, currently not seeing what I really want. This can be an expensive part of the hobbyforum_image_640065773e56e.thumb.png.0c9a50cea3f0def1f09455beb775e05c.png

@OSD are 3SMR still going then? I wasn't sure. Used to see them at my local show years ago. Google finds a page on their web site with a few items of RTR Continental TT that I could be interested in, yet that page doesn't seem to be linked on the website itself so could be defunct.

Maybe I'll message them.

@Rallymatt I will be also needing a flock of sheep at some stage, Preiser certainly do some but they seem to be about 22 quid. Langley Miniatures do them too but I don't know what actual size they come out at. There's not a lot in the Langley TT range unless you need sheep, cows, ducks, swans, seagulls, dogs, cats or rock climbers. Honestly.

Maybe British N scale ones may be suitable for animals, due to their small size stuff like sheep, pigs and dogs tend to be slightly overscale for N so may suit TT. Also as they are often in fields towards the back of the layout some forced perspective?!

If anyone spots a scale figure of a bloke with an acoustic guitar let me know, I'd love to get a busker onto my layout! (Fine if it's a bit over scale, I'm almost 6'5 anyway, over scale for the real world! smiley)

@DaveTheBusker nearest I can find is a set of street musicians

Street Musicians | NOCH

I have a scene with my former band playing in a tent during a steam museum open day on my N layout :) Complete with sound (from one of our gigs) and a light show :)