Now hobby points cost you.

Too Tall

What I do is make sure that I place a cash order for £55.00 then any items over that amount I pay for with my points, so say want 4 Pullmans, the first one is a cash buy and the next 3 are 'Points'.. Haven't had to pay any postage for any orders yet.. You just need to combine points with a bit of cash.. 🙂🚂.

I have over 20,748 points potentially worth over £200.00. but if I place a £200.00 order and use points only, Hornby charge postage making the points worth a lot less than they suggest

I think this is a bit of a cheek on two counts

1) you have already had free postage on your previous orders, and, been given free points to obtain more items free of charge which Hornby don't have to offer, and,

2) postage is only £3.75 so not really making your points "worth a lot less".

I wasn't ordering anything directly from Hornby website in long time, but from what I remember premium postage was £7? Standard something around £4? Let's be honest. In our hobby this money is nothing. I don't see anything unfair when you pay only few quids for order which can be potentially in hundreds of pounds. And as others say, free postage is an offer when you spend at least £50.

Not sure how points are worth less? You can use them to pay for Hornby products, postage isn’t a Hornby product. It’s not a crazy charge either, cost of a coffee. If it is applied individually to items from same order, that is annoying but I think CS correct that when it happens.

That is one of the reasons I much prefer the members discount option. Sadly now it is just points. Fortunately for me, I only do pre orders from Hornby basically to guarantee the price. I only tend to buy things on discount and replacement motors (surprisingly Hornby are extremely cheap for these) so I accept the cost of postage which generally is cheaper than Peter's Spares.