Elite not writing to locos

Robert -348404

I have an elite that will not write to locos on the programming track I have a select that does so fine other than that it works ok controlling trains is there a way I can test the programming side as I’m begging to think it’s the elite at fault incedently the locos I’m trying to programme from the elite are Hornby decoders

Try reterminating the programming track wires to the 'Prog A&B' terminals. Remove a bit more insulation to ensure there is no grime or tarnish on the bared wires. Also for the same reason, work a small piece of 'wet n dry' (dry) rolled into a flattened tube back and forth under the terminal springs on the 'Prog' output.

I found this significantly improved the realibility of reading & writing CVs on my Elite.

The rails of your programming track piece also need to be spotlessly clean.

The Elite is more prone to the above grime & tarnish conditions creating issues compared to the Select. This is because the Elite sends programming packets to track at a far lower power level than a Select, thus a Select is far more tolerant of dirt, grime & tarnish in the electrical path.

Not much use if your Elite is faulty, but worth trying, if only to eliminate dirt, grime & tarnish as a cause. After all, it is a zero cost option to try.