Pullman Coach Light problem

Lee-348193

I received 4 Lit Pullman coaches in the Flying Scotsman bundle, 3 of these worked perfectly but one had only 1 lamp lit on the tables? After carefully removing the upper body and the seats I sat it on the track and all of the LED's were working?! It turns out that the seats had been put in the wrong way around! I switched them round the other way and bingo! All lamps now lit (Just in case anyone else is having the same issue).

In the days of UK production, and I think carried on in to the 00 China era, component mouldings such as carriage underframes, seating units, glazing, roof, etc., carried a distinctive embossed mark, usually a large sunburst-type star, at one end so that when the vehicle was being assembled, the operative knew which way round they went to fit correctly.

It does seem some of the Pullman “lit” TT120 cars have the seats/tables assembled facing the wrong way relative to the chassis which means although the leds are working the fibre optics leading to the table lamps do not match up with the leds, so the table lamps seem not to work.

I gently prised the body off the chassis, it just seemed a tight fit rather than clipped in place, swapped the seats/table piece from end to end, put the body back on, and all is well now, all lights can be seen.

I used a tiny thin screwdriver to start prising the body off the chassis, at one end. Very gradually….

Lee, may I ask, what did you use to get the bodywork off without damaging it?

I just pulled the body apart slightly with finger nails and it came off easily enough, it then clipped back on without any issues, just take it slowly and carefully.