Sound volume goes almost quiet after one circuit of track.

candishtowers

Hornby Class 08 fitted with stay alive: All shows correctly on the app and all sounds play as they should on engine start-up…..but after one circuit of my track, sound diminishes to almost nothing. Turning the slider for the volume does not help as all that does is to make the speaker distort. If I turn off the track power for 2 mins everything works as it should until a circuit around the track and the sound almost fades to nothing again. Very strange. Any thoughts?

Sound volume goes low, move up the volume slider, speaker distorts - that doesn’t sound right as the speaker only distorts if the voltage applied is too high (high voltage means high sound volume).

What I would believe is that, once the sound volume goes low, the signal to noise ratio goes low so that, when you turn it up, you increase the sound volume of all the background noise. This would be consistent with the sound amplifier in the decoder no longer working properly until reset, the symptom you are seeing in the first place.