They 'GAVE AWAY' my 'Princess Victoria' for the Competition - HOW DARE THEY!!!

JJ73

Hiya

On the 29/04/2023 ordered the LMS, Princess Royal, 4-6-2, 6205 'Princess Victoria' (with flickering firebox) - Era 3 R3999 (R3999 LMS, Princess Royal, 4-6-2, 6205 'Princess Victoria' (with flickering firebox) - Era 3 (hornby.com) )

& according to the Web site - it say 'Last Few' - I have just found out that Hornby are running a Compertion where you can win - GUESS WHICH LOCO - YES - My very the same Loco which I ordered on the 29th - it has the same Running Number '6205' see the video :-

Yes they have refunded me, "this can take between 3-5 working days to show on your account depending on your bank." Also given me back my Hobby Points & a 10% discount code as a gesture of good will for the disappointment!!!

Would you Adam & Eve it!!! I've never had this done to me b4!!!

Thanks Hornby - I just hope that I can win it instead of buying it!!! 😄🚂

Not sure I understand your logic JJ - You ordered the loco of which there were not many available, and now that Hornby are offering the same loco as a competition prize you have cancelled your order! What are the odds on you winning? You could end up with nowt - unless you buy from elsewhere as mjb1961 suggested.

@BB

Although JJ doesn't categorically state it. I think he is saying that his pre-order was cancelled unilaterally by Hornby and he didn't request it. He has subsequently found that Hornby are offering the same loco model as a prize. The loco that potentially could have been sent to him to fufill his order.

In reality, Hornby probably put that model to one side for the competition a long time before JJ ordered it, it could even be the model that was sent to Hornby from China for final inspection & acceptance in the manufacturing process and never made it into the warehouse distribution system for fulfilling orders.

Hi JJ

When I read your first post, I understood. Hornby canceled your order.

They did feel bad about it, and gave you a 10% discount code.

They clearly sold out before your order was placed. The most obvious explanation is that the order system is not directly linked to the stock system and accepted more orders than they had stock for. Whoops! A live system would only sell an order it has stock for, like ebay.

If you are firm that you want this model, then order it from one of the retailers mentioned above. The chances of winning it in the contest are getting smaller by the day.

Bee

Thanks Bee - Well I'm not going to cry about it (even thou I was looking forward to do a review about it!!!) I might just ring my local Model Shop about it - not sure or might look out for another Loco??? 🤔🚂

I bought one of these off Hattons at a really good price of £139 about 2 months ago. I don't know what price Hornby were selling these at but that was a really good price. As someone else stated Bure Valley have them at a pretty good price and there is the plus point that you are supporting a heritage railway. The big joke of it is that this model predates all the huge price rises, so this is probably the price they originally sold at.

@ Les :- My Bank card is fine thanks - I'm sure they would of told me other wise!!!

@BB :- Yes they took the Payment but also gave me my money back!!!

@atom :- It's not really about the Loco - it more about what Hornby done to me!!! 🙁🚂

Yes JJ, but even with that discount it will be more expensive than Bure Valley. Buy the one from Bure Valley and use the Hornby discount for a Hornby product that you can't get cheap, like a newly released model.

Hi JJ, the modern world has few friends, particularly where money is concerned.

There's some excellent advice given by other members here.

Bure Valley are an excellent model shop - used them quite a few times. Offers only over limited period / whilst stocks permit, so your call.

Al.

Just want to say a Thank you to Atom, ColinB, Aussie Fred, Bee & the other Lovely forum members for finding it for sale else where like "Bure Valley", but I tried my Local Model Shop (WD Models)1st (today -10/05/2023) to see, & they did, & they sold it to me for 7P - oh that's the Class No.!!! 😀 Whoops - silly me. They sold it to me for £189.00!!! 🚂