HM6010 and point motors

Backafter5

Hi will a Hm6010 pack enough power to throw two point motors from one outlet and if so should I wire the points together and have a single set of wire going to the HM 6010 outlet or can I just put both set of wires into the single out let.

until you've proven it works with your two point motors I'd run wire from both motors into and only match them up at the port on the 6010.

i couldn't get two hornby surface-mounted point motor to work from the same port on a 6010 but i could get them to work separately - so doing it this way gives you the option of changing from one port to two if they don't work out.

The older R8014 solenoids throw more easily when paired than the R8324 surface mounted solenoids as they take less power.

I tested both singles and pairs including mismatched pairs and other make solenoid motors during the HM6K trials and although they worked most of the time they were not totally reliable. In attempt to improve this the original single output pulse of 100mS duration was modified to a double pulse of 500mS duration, but the underlying problem with both the HM6010 and DCC equivalent R8247 is their port output is only 12-14volts and the internal CDUs are not as efficient as an external CDU would be working from a higher voltage.

The limit in the HM6K app was artificial due to meshing development within the app, in reality there is no limit to the number of devices in a mesh. At one point in testing the HM7K app I had five each of HM6000 and HM6010 devices in mesh with as many HM7000 decoder equipped locos and the dongle with another dozen regular decoder equipped locos assigned to it, so the mesh will accept as many as you have.

Here you can see I have 6010 1 of 5 selected. The others can be seen by swiping the control ribbon side to side in the app.

forum_image_645f737ce081b.thumb.png.b540d629f2ddf6c5927971712135120a.png