Heads-up -- missing Reward Points on 12/05/23

gilbo2

Just a heads up that anyone who placed an order on the Hornby website on Friday should keep an eye on their "Pending" reward points. From personal experience, orders placed from first thing until late afternoon on Friday (12/05/23) have not had pending points added due to a website issue.

Hopefully Hornby will sort this out early next week without any drama for affected customers, I'm sure they will.

I’ve got an order placed in the early hours of the 12th currently processing so I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks for the info.

I’ve got another processing which was placed on the 13th (drastic change of track plan requiring more points and crossovers) so I’ll watch that one too.

Ummm, still no communication or resolution yet on this even after phoning and emailing. Starting to wish I could cancel the order but its too late for that, quite disappointing all this, as my old teacher would have said "Hornby, could do better."

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got this resolved today although needed another email, points now manually added. It shouldn't have been this difficult, but all sorted now. Next time the "earn x points" is blank, I'll wait until the system in back up and working.

I’m glad I looked at this, I placed an order the evening before and had ‘+0pts’ next to it. The only thing is I partially paid in hobby points, is that usually an issue with earning points? I hope they can resolve it as I bought a loco so it’s not exactly a small amount of points.

.... The only thing is I partially paid in hobby points, is that usually an issue with earning points?

You should earn points on the difference between the partial points spend and the item value, so if item was £100, hobby points used £10, you earn points on the £90 element.

The +0pts is odd though as my issue was that "earn up to" box was completely blank. I'd email them to sort it out. As a reference, if you look at the same item today, how many points does it say you would earn?